[REL] ** HUGE 80s FANTASY IMSA CARSET for Celica GTO **

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by SRosswick, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Brendan24

Brendan24 Registered

Thanks so much for this! So many cool liveries I have a hard time choosing a car. Been having an absolute blast racing against 40 car AI fields on various tracks.

P.S.R., I was also curious about if there is a way to only select the new virtual ride drivers and not the original cars. I've just been loading up 40 or so cars (the most my PC can handle), then booting all the original cars and re-adding AI individually until I end up with 40 of the new cars. Kind of a pain though because it's random, so sometimes I end up spending 5 minutes booting and adding AI until the right cars out of the remaining 20 or so possible are randomly chosen.

I think you're right about qualifying, but I've noticed that just clicking finish session or accelerating time will still result in the "fast" AI drivers starting up front, and the field fillers at the back so I usually just do that rather than waiting for all the AI to complete their laps in real time.

2. SRosswick

SRosswick Registered

...well the unfortunate fact is that is exactly how I've been doing it. I don't know of any other way at the moment. The real issue is all Virtual Drivers are copies of existing *.veh files, which sort roster lists. It would be cool if you could specify the CLASS in the *.rcd file for roster sorting like in the *.veh files.

Gui- If I can find a good Hornet High Class logo I just may throw that in... :D

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

That + ISI enabling menu music + converting Daytona USA theme song to mp3 = OH YEAH

4. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yepp. Nice NASCAR feeling.

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Thanks guys :)

6. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I just wanted to drop in and report that it's taking me about a minute or less to add the needed AI (18 in my case) and that I am add them at the track instead of loading random ==> booting ==> adding random. I am also using the down arrow next to add to select the exact cars to add so you don't need to add ==> boot ==> add ==> boot ==>... until you get the ones you want. Lastly, to get the same 18 cars each time without having to memorize or write down names, I am picking the first car starting with each letter of the alphabet although that is just for now as I will likely be selecting my favorite 18 provided the spread is good although I can fix that too by tweaking the RCDs.

Thanks again for this masterpiece. As a child of the 80s, I am enjoying this immensely...