SOLVED "REFMAP0" does not affect all flagged body parts

Discussion in 'Modding' started by OriK, Nov 1, 2015.

1. OriK

OriK Registered

I've got a problem with the reflection mapper in Dev Mode. I have set up my very first test track and added the NSX for testing purposes but the reflection mapper "REFMAP0" has no effect on some parts. I noticed that most of the parts are not listed in the "Mat Properties" (green window) even though they are flagged with "Reflect=True" in the gen file. Also tried it with the Corvette Z06, where at least some more parts were reflective. Since the reflections generally work I have no more ideas what to try. Both cars are in their original state but extracted for Dev Mode, of course
    View attachment 18430

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
  2. OriK

OriK Registered

Alright, searching the forums I noticed, that the actual game handles the reflection differently beside the dev mode. Finally I got the first test track out of the dev mode into the game but the RaceSurface is not visible in the car reflections even though it is included in the renderer.
    View attachment 18438

These are the lines I'm using for cubic reflections:

ReflectionMapper=REFMAP0
    {
    Type=Cubic
    TextureSize=(512)
    UpdateRate=(100.000)
    StaticSwitch=(100.000)
    TrackingIns=True
    IncludeIns=SkyBoxi
    IncludeIns=RaceSurface_Main
    }

What am I missing? In dev mode the surface is visible in cubic reflections.

3. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Do you have set reflections high/full in-game menu?

Why there is "skyboxi" instance on reflection list? There should be no separate skybox anymore in rF2. Sky is handled through different method nowdays.

Did you double-check naming of "RaceSurface_Main" for typos?

Do you have "Live Mapper" enabled on RR shader stage 7?

EDIT: ah, I misread your post... If reflections works in Dev Mode, then it's probably in-game reflection settings in single-player mode. Anyway I recommend to remove skybox from your track (and reflections) and let rF2 handle sky itself.

4. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Dose RaceSurface_Main have Reflect=True on its instance ?
    IE

Instance=racesurface_main
    {
    MeshFile=racesurface_main.gmt Deformable=True CollTarget=True HATTarget=True Reflect=True
    }

Then

ReflectionMapper=REFMAP0
    {
    Type=Cubic
    TextureSize=(1024)
    UpdateRate=(100.000)
    StaticSwitch=(5.000)
    TrackingIns=True

IncludeIns=racesurface_main
    IncludeIns=racesurface_t0_s0
    IncludeIns=racesurface_t1_s0
    IncludeIns=racesurface_t2_s0
    IncludeIns=racesurface_t3_s0

5. OriK

OriK Registered

Thanks for the info about the skybox. I didn't find that info in the documentation. As for the game settings I have set all quality stuff to maximum. This should not be the problem then. But was Drathuu said, might be the point. I'm not sure about the "Reflect=True" flag. I've been exporting the meshes and scene always seperately (first tests only), so the mesh properties might not be set correctly automatically in the scn file. I also notice your "Deformable" flag, which is definitely missing in my file. This could solve even another problem of mines, why RealRoad did not work yet :D. Guess, I should compare more often with other project files but it was a hard weekend already to get a working track into rFactor :p. I'll take a look later this day and check this out. Thanks again.

6. OriK

OriK Registered

Confirmed, this worked fine :).

7. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Deformable=True tells the game engine that the more something goes over the surface the more it logs "Wear" on each polygon on that surface.
    If you apply the realroad material shader to it.. it will then show realroad properly.. MAKE SURE YOUR MATERIAL has "_WET" on the end.. so wet works properly... IE "ROADMATERIAL_WET"... for the material on your realrroad.

Dont add deformable to other objects as it will just log data for it.. add overhead.
    Also dont add reflect=true to objects that dont need to be reflected. (or are too far away from track edge etc).. as again its more overhead and framerate.