Reflections only working first stint after joining server?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by MBS, Feb 26, 2020.

1. MBS

MBS Registered

Hi
    noticed a weird thing.
    when i join server and go out on my first stint the reflections on my hood represent correctly the environment
    now when i press ESC and go out again, suddenly the reflections are not moving realtime but seem more a reflection of a still image.
    best seen from hood view or external view

hope you understand what i mean. not sure if others can re-produce, haven't asked

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When you put reflections on the lowest setting they only update (The reflected "view") every 20 seconds or so. Try changing to that setting to see how it is.

Then go back to your current setting and see if the second stint is effectively defaulting to that setting. That might narrow down what the bug is doing.

I would also try a couple of different settings to see if they all do the same thing, check different servers and offline (Same and different content), clear shaders and cbash to try and eliminate any strange bugs (this seems unlikely to be caused by that, but worth eliminating).

3. dfsfa

dfsfa Registered

Ok so far tried (GT3 Aston Martin with custom skin , track Malaysia):
    Removing shader/bash - problem remains in our server
    Single Player: In Single player it works just ok
    Changing Setting to /LOW/HIGH - problem remains in our server
    Changing other car/circuit - problem remains in our server
    Changing to a public server (with default GT3 BMW)- works just ok

suspecting that is then must be an issue with either our server or maybe a problem with custom skins
    Could this be even related to a server/mod setting?
    will try other public servers if i can find any with default GT3

4. dfsfa

dfsfa Registered

ok the problem boiled down to our league server which is running in kind of test modus (as it runs24/7 it should not jump to quali/race)
    this modus seems to give some strange bugs (e.g. pit limit issues) and now it seems also the reflection issue.
    when we have race weekend the server runs in normal modus and the issue is gone as well as if i just join a random server online.
    so it solved for me. not a client issue at least

Lazza likes this.