Reflections on state of rFactor2 at 18 months

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stonec, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

In the Netherlands where I come from, when I say I like racing they say ''oh bicycle racing'' and then I say no race cars and they go ''oh like the fast and the furious movies''
    and I say yes, because they don't care anyways. like the gf persisting my simulation software is just a video game. makes me foam to the mouth. I once punched her rabbit in the face for saying that.
    She's not saying that anymore now.

Not sure I won the argument though. I seldom do.

2. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

LOL. So true...

Regarding calling sim racing a videogame, I have an ongoing joke with my kids about sim racing is clearly not a videogame, but a way of life :p

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

XD

but bunnies are cute, don't hurt them :D

4. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Member

It's come along nicely, but before it first went beta, I was under the impression it was a long way further into development than I had anticipated. I was expecting for a 'gold' release in about 12-18 months. That's probably down to good marketing rather than me being optimistic!

I was surprised at how poor some aspects of some content was (sound in WSR3.5 for example) but also pleased with some of the options and features.

Overall, the potential looks fantastic, but the rate of progress is slower than I'd have liked. But that's the nature of software.

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I think the state of rfactor 2 is good as long as numb nuts don't scare people off thinking they need to drop coin on unnecessary hardware.

6. Dale B

Dale B Registered

Yes, it's to bad, dating myself but I remember when INDY Car racing meant tracks like Road America, Mid Ohio, etc... now most of the INDY car road courses are street courses. Don't get me wrong I love watching open wheel on the street course but I miss watching cars run on course designed for open wheel racing. Still love watching F1 and I think NBC has done a pretty good job with it especially for their 1st full year! Noel, you're correct though and I blame networks like Speed who have put so much into NASCAR. I've never been into NASCAR and really even open wheel ovals but each to their own, just wish the major networks would give equal time to both.