Reduce tyre flatspot FFB?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CeeBee, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

Flatspots can literally dismantle a racing car, we have seen it more than once, and they were professional drivers, a lot of solutions have been offered to improve your experience. It's not about fanboysm is about how RF2 works, and you can't disable or reduce the "effects" , because there aren't.

2. Stefan Donath

Stefan Donath Registered

If you have problems with the flatspots you can raise the smoothing ingame (maybe test with 7 or higher) and lower the FEI value within your DD1 to about 30%. You will surely loose some effects, but the flatspotting won't kill you anymore.

3. Robert de Vries

Robert de Vries Registered

Try it with setting ABS: off in the options menu.

That should get you less shaking, but still feel the flatspots. (The setting for flatspots itself is behind the wheel)

4. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Just stop locking your tires - You simply need to make it so that more physical brake pedal force is required for the same simulated brake force.

Potetiometer pedals : put some foam behind the pedal to increase he resistance, or use a harder spring.

Loadcell: reduce loadcell sensitivity

Gamepad controller : get some pedals

Changing your ffb settings in order to reduce detail to cover up a flatspot is really really bad advice. Sorry guys i know you're only trying to help but that is like telling someone to use a sledge hammer to crack open an egg.

5. Ozcanuck55

Ozcanuck55 Registered

I could not drive the IR-18 at first...the flat spots killed me, but I brake more gently now and I like the car. If I screw up and flat spot, it's off to the pits. My bad. Turning off tyre wear is a good tip if you just want to have fun and not worry about it. I'll try that.

6. Mordorsport Max

Mordorsport Max Registered

There is only an option for the Simucube2 to reduce the flatspots.
    I'm sorry!:(

7. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

so first of all, there is no "effect". rF2 simulates physics and sends the data to your wheel. there is nothing you can change with this.
    Force-Feedback "effects" which just play some animations on your device is stuff which do arcade games uses or might have used in the past. rF2 does not use any effects, it just translates the physics to your force feedback - marketleader by far.

But you have the following options:
    -become a better driver
    -adjust your setup (brake pressure, brake balance)
    -adjust you input device (brake sensitivity)
    -disable tirewear
    -turn off force feedback
    -use force feedback filtering (ingame, controller settings or in your wheel-driver)
    -change tires your style destroyed
    -use a saturated realroad which offers way more grip then a "green" track
    -combine stuff i mentioned

Do not call people here fanboys who want to help you ;).
    Enjoy

EricW likes this.