Red Flags

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TChapman500, Feb 13, 2011.

1. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

Will rFactor 2 be able to use red flags to pause the race? Like if it starts raining on the track and the league that is racing there doesn't race in the rain?

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

you're joking right? :)

3. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

Not joking at all.

4. Traveller

Traveller Member

Set the rain chance to zero percent.

Of course it would be funny. An online race with a three hour rain delay. Or better yet, an offline race with a three hour rain delay. Finishing that would be dedication.

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Get real! ;)

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

i'm pretty sure rf2 will give you the option not to have rain at all :)

7. unrealnoise

unrealnoise Registered

+ 1 :cool:

8. Marek Lesniak

Seriously guys, who is responsible for showing the red flag? A man, right? He has no influence on the weather etc., so if really bad things are happening, the red flag being shown. In rF 2, if there is monsoon-like weather, then it's because you probably set such option in game.

Of course, red flag, as it is, can be available to be waved.. for example, for stop the race by an admin (instead of writing on the chat that there are some issues with the server, will be restarted etc.). That will be cool.
    But I don't think that everyone would like to see the red flag because rF itself decided to do so (like in rF1 with penalties during FCY period ;-) ).

9. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

Rain is not the only thing that causes red flags. A big wreak that spills fluid on the track will also cause a red flag.

10. Marek Lesniak

I'm not expecting such things in rF 2, that's why I have not mentioned about them. But as I said, red flag could be available but rather for admin, than rF controlled race.

11. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

I'd like the red flag procedure to be implemented and automatically executed (when necessary) in rF2 races.
    It should include classifying the finish as on the previous lap, stopped timing and some automatic messages. For example in my league the admin has to restart the race if more than N% of the field crashes out on lap 1 and can't continue. That pretty much never happens but when it won't be easy to determine whether the conditions require the restart or not, because the admins themselves are or the track racing, and the drivers who crashed out aren't allowed to use chat until all cars finish.
    It would be great if one could specify some conditions to automatically bring out the red flags in rF2.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
  12. Marek Lesniak

If such rules could be defined directly in rF, then red flag could be helpful indeed!