Rear lights. Will they ever work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mr.Sw1tchblade, Jan 15, 2019.

1. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

I am casual player so i have 2 Eizo ev3285 monitors. Yep, they are 60hz and not a gaming monitors but backlight and colors are pretty good :)

2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

He just meant that the rear lights are as strog as they can be texture wise, i think, and the only way to improve them is to have effects to brighten them further with glow for example. Would be nice if possible.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  3. Marisa

Marisa Registered

It can be done, look at the "Detroid" from URD, the brake lights have a nice glow when active, very visible. I wish all the rF2 cars had this.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Bentley is clear as day, the Corvette is easily visible, most of the cars work well. Of the latest cars released by S397, the 650 Mclaren has the poorest visibility due to the thin nature of it's brake lights. The Mclaren's lights are made up of two horizontal lines. Both are illuminated when you press on the brake pedal. But the lower light is thicker and more visible and it is always on when the headlights are on. So the only tip-off the Mclaren is braking is the thinner, less visible, upper row of lights. Some liveries that have similar colors near the brake light areas may further degrade the visibility. After the Mclaren, I think the Porsche may be next in line for poor brakelight visibility. And that is odd since the rear light covers are fairly large. But only a small portion of the red brake lens seems to get illuminated.
    I would imagine the cars use similar materials for brakelights and if you increased the bloom to make those cars visible, the rest of the pack would look like day-glo orange over-shadowing the rear of the car.

Emery likes this.
  5. Marisa

Marisa Registered

You don't have to globally increase bloom. It can be done on a per light basis, as the URD Detroit shows.
    So adding bloom to all the brake lights is no problem, it won't make every light source have crazy amounts of bloom.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Let me briefly explain my post. I don't care about the NFS reference. (unlike some, by the way, I don't look down on other games; I don't see rF2 as some superior game that shouldn't be compared or criticised)

There's no need to label things as 'crap'. It's an emotive word and shouldn't be used in sensible discussions. It gets used generally to put down something without really stating exactly what's wrong or how bad it is. The stupid person who follows crowds and can't think for themselves calls things crap.

You started this thread by saying that rF2's rear lights don't work. At all. ("in current state of this game", you said). Now it's clear it's mainly this car. If you post threads making sweeping statements that aren't true, you'll quickly gain a reputation as a hater/troll/basher and be ignored.

I defended you in one of your earlier posts because you had a valid point, but you need to keep things reasonable and logical. In this thread you can see some people who struggle to do that (on both sides, it must be said) and they tend to be ignored too.

F1Aussie and Narrowbackwing like this.
  7. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Thank you for explanation. I will try to use better words next time. From my point of view there is only 1 car is fine at my screenshot-corvette. Its stoplights far from perfect (it still don't have rays of light) but at list visible. 1st car in a row dont have back lights at all and McLarens have red lines instead of lamps. At 1st i tried to ask specific questions about graphics in "support questions". But i get no answers so i created this thread in "general...". I am new to this title and graphics is very strange in this game for me. I am not a hater. But you can call me unhappy user for sure.