Realroad still excellerated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by peterchen, Feb 26, 2015.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

In F3-Rookies early days I ran F3 Eve and Spa for 6 months, nothing else, 1x Road and room was up for 24 hours some nights, by never reloading only restarting you could retain rubber and keep building it, ( this was before you could save real road ) .........we were only 8 cars maximum so it took a while even at 1x

We used to call optimum rubber " Black Gold" lol

Anyways, got to a point a few of the fast guys could tell it was getting slower, you would push harder , have perfect lines, the laps would even feel faster, but you would still lose a tenth or two.

Whether that is still the case I don't know as these days I use my own rubber profiles which I would call " Fast" then I lower realroad to only 0.2x

For rookies in F3 I like them to have good rubber path and grip levels for training, much depends on level of drivers and car type for me.

Nothing is gained by F3-Rookies sliding around Belgium on light rubber when say for example. through Burnville ( long right after Les Combes) at 130mph with even the best rubber you can still under-steer into a telegraph pole quite easily. :)

and that's only a 140mph car with small tyres on best rF2 rubber.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
  2. stonec

stonec Registered

Well if we start questioning what is real... Realroad is not real, it exists inside a sim. Anything that is in a simulator is based on a model of reality. Each type of racing tire lays down rubber on road at a different rate. Some tires produce more marbles, some less. Some tires will gain more grip from a rubbered road than others. Is this all considered in rF2 model? Yes. Does "Normal" realroad rate represent best a realistic realroad progression, using current ISI model? Yes, I see no reason why ISI would not consider in their realroad model the most realistic progression rate based on tire data they have available. Is this model perfect representation of reality? No, and it never will be, but it's better than in other sims at moment.

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Ofc Mate, i'm just as ever putting into question, because i didn't see any professionell explanation about from ISI. Sorry if i'm myopic, but should i trust blind ? I feel the anti sympathy against me, but that wan't help them.

edit: i'm confident enough to deal with the engineer if he like so.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
  4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

haha. Don't buy discounted rubbers! Next thing you know, you'll have a copy of RF3 pop out of your DVD-drive.

5. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

ahahaha

sorry for the ot

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Really? How do you know?
    There where times when RR was more obviously NOT calibrated to realistic progression rate, for whatever reason!
    And I still doubt that it is today.

Anyway, most of you seem to find it OK......

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That's because we just get on and race instead of dissecting every finite detail in this Sim until threads start going round in circles, before you know it people believe themselves no matter what is written in front of them.

Real Road is Dynamic, it's the best in ANY Sim out there to date, appreciate it for what it is - that's it....now go and USE it!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Think you need to make your mind up. First you said most of us run on full rubber, now most of us are fine with the progression. You can't have it both ways.

You said you use a factor of 0.6. How about instead of just suggesting the rate isn't right, and telling us whether we agree, you tell us what data reference and testing you have behind your figure? Then maybe we can tell you if you're right. Or maybe we'll just point out the flaws in your assumptions. If there are any.

9. C3PO

C3PO Registered

This level of fidelity is why I love rF2 so much.

10. peterchen

peterchen Registered

LOL! Did you guys understood anything of what I wrote???
    Am I writing chinese?
    I mean, OK,- when some details of this sim are not that important for you, than why answer????

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Thank you for your detailed explanation.

12. stonec

stonec Registered

Yes, the realroad rate before summer 2014 was accelerated, it used to be what on current scale is x10 (it was clear to everyone who read the KnownIssues doc). If you doubt realroad is correct, you might as well doubt the entire rF2 tire model. Rate of rubbering is just one simple parameter, ISI does way more advanced things with their tire model than this. There is nothing in this "realroad progression rate" that really can be wrong unless ISI data is wrong. It is not rocket science.

13. peterchen

peterchen Registered

OK, to make it right for you:
    I wrote: "In my opinion", what means that I have no empirical or scientific data to backing my case, other than I´ve never seen a track in real life or on TV that
    shows up like a "full rubbered" track in rF2.
    And if theres a correlation between visual and physical rubber (what obviously is the case), then this leads to some questions!

The thing that some people here seem to react sour to, is the critical undertone that I brought up regarding rubber-usage by player.
    But that´s another story....

I don´t even dare to make a statement about grip on certain rubbering.....

So Stonec, to be precise:
    You think that visual and physical RR-build-up like it is now is perfectly realistic?
    If so: thanks for your feedback!

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The grip gain is tyre dependent anyway, so not directly related to the rate of rubber build up.

The point I was making is that you, we, don't know how much rubber gain there is in a real race we watch. And I doubt many of us have done tests to measure the effective grip gain through rubbering (not just the raw compound grip gain), especially as a laptime that you might hope to compare to real life, though there's a lot more that changes over the course of a race or weekend than just the rubber.

So when you say you think it's still accelerated, my first question is what makes you think that, what are you comparing to, and what are you comparing - then someone says it's correct and you ask them why. If you just asked the open ended question and accepted the answer, it would have been better than suggesting the rate is wrong and then immediately questioning someone else's opinion.

To be honest if you had some data that suggested the rate was wrong I would have been very interested in it, just for the purposes of it being corrected in future. You should avoid assuming someone questioning your opinion is doing so because they're blindly defending the game, because often it's just driven by a desire to make things right.

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

Distance in time relative to constant speed, capturing parallel to GPS data, should define approx slip under diff conditions. ABS sensing aka rotational speed fluctuation can give an idea as well.

16. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

My league races started with green 2.5 hour practice, wuteva rubber saved n brought over to quali...and quali rubber brought over to the start of the race....with real live weather, it add so much depth into racing.

17. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

When it rains is the rubber (and the grip for consequence) washed out? I can't realize this yet.

18. stonec

stonec Registered

rF2 doesn't simulate water flow on tarmac currently, so no, I don't think so.

19. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Yes, rain cleans rubber.

It has nothing to do with water flow.

20. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

The rain has always washed the rubber off. It's been that way ever since I can remember. :p