Really... it shouldn't be this confusing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MKD, Jul 8, 2012.

1. MKD

MKD Registered

I'm no newbie. But this system of installing MODs etc.. is too flukey.. Seems no matter what I do stuff is missing.. Complete re-install, still stuff missing.. Why cant the game detect what is missing and FIX IT? Having to install in specific order is CRAZY. Updates in specific order, why not just 1 update, as opposed to ver .09, ver 1.1, 1.3 etc... This is going to turn alot of people away.. Seems to me the system would be great IF IT WOULD SELF CORRECT.. It cant be that complicated.. But making it complicated for the end-user will just turn people away.. I am so frustrated trying to install, that I basically have given up.. WAAAY too much time wasted trying to set things up properly..

Here is a list from last install.

rFactor2 Content Inventory @ Jun 22 2012 12:05:24 AM
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod "-IsR-F1 1966 All Tracks 1.0" references a non-existent component "BrabhamBT20 1.0".
    Mod "-IsR-F1 1966 All Tracks 1.0" references a non-existent component "HistoricOpenWheels 1.1".
    Mod "-IsR-F1 1966 All Tracks 1.0" references a non-existent component "HistoricTalent 1.1".
    Mod "-IsR-F1 1966 All Tracks 1.0" references a non-existent component "MonteCarlo1966 1.1".
    Mod "-IsR-GT World Endurance All Tracks 1.3" references a non-existent component "Fuji2012 1.01".
    Mod "-IsR-GT World Endurance All Tracks 1.3" references a non-existent component "HPTopeka 1.01".
    Mod "-IsR-GT World Endurance All Tracks 1.3" references a non-existent component "MonteCarlo1966 1.1".
    Mod "-IsR-GT World Endurance All Tracks 1.0" references a non-existent component "MonteCarlo1966 1.1".
    Mod "BrabhamBT20_1966_Challange 1.0" references a non-existent component "BrabhamBT20 1.0".
    Mod "BrabhamBT20_1966_Challange 1.0" references a non-existent component "HistoricTalent 1.1".
    Mod "BrabhamBT20_1966_Challange 1.0" references a non-existent component "MonteCarlo1966 1.1".
    Mod "Eurosim all 010612 1.0" references a non-existent component "Mugello_GP_2012 0.72".
    Mod "Eurosim All v11 1.0" references a non-existent component "BrabhamBT20 1.0".
    Mod "Eurosim All v11 1.0" references a non-existent component "FISI F1 style 1.0".
    Mod "Eurosim All v11 1.0" references a non-existent component "Fuji2012 1.01".
    Mod "Eurosim All v11 1.0" references a non-existent component "HPTopeka 1.01".
    Mod "Eurosim All v11 1.0" references a non-existent component "HistoricOpenWheels 1.1".
    Mod "Eurosim All v11 1.0" references a non-existent component "HistoricTalent 1.1".
    Mod "Eurosim All v11 1.0" references a non-existent component "MonteCarlo1966 1.1".
    Mod "Eurosim All v11 1.0" references a non-existent component "Mugello_GP_2012 0.72".
    Mod "F3 Fanatics 1.0" references a non-existent component "BrabhamBT20 1.0".
    Mod "F3 Fanatics 1.0" references a non-existent component "HistoricOpenWheels 1.1".
    Mod "F3 Fanatics 1.0" references a non-existent component "HistoricTalent 1.1".
    Mod "F3 Fanatics 1.0" references a non-existent component "MonteCarlo1966 1.1".
    Mod "f3-v6-v15A 1.5" references a non-existent component "V6_TURBO 1.0".
    Mod "1960s World Class Racing + All Tracks 0.7" references a non-existent component "Malaysia 1.1".
    Mod "1960s World Class Racing + All Tracks 0.7" references a non-existent component "MillsMetro 1.1".
    Mod "1960s World Class Racing + All Tracks 0.7" references a non-existent component "Portugal 1.1".
    Mod "Steves All Cars & Tracks 1.1" references a non-existent component "FR35 1.0".
    Mod "Steves All Cars & Tracks 1.1" contains an updated component "FormulaRenault35s 1.1" no base component installed.
    Mod "Steves All Cars & Tracks 1.1" references a non-existent component "FormulaRenault35s 1.1".
    Mod "Steves All Cars & Tracks 1.1" references a non-existent component "Malaysia 1.1".
    Mod "Steves All Cars & Tracks 1.1" references a non-existent component "Portugal 1.1".

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Let me guess that you're trying to get into the F3 fanatics room. For some odd reason they are using versions of tracks that have since been updated. A strange way to do it but that is their choice I suppose.

All of the open server racing is generally crap anyways other than the 60s cars. Those servers seem to have a different type of person and to me are the only servers I'll join.

3. MJP

MJP Registered

At least you have a list of what's missing. For starters you don't seem to have the ISI 1960's v1.1 update installed, that should sort out the problems with these VMODs :-

"-IsR-F1 1966 All Tracks 1.0"
    "BrabhamBT20_1966_Challange 1.0"
    "F3 Fanatics 1.0"

As for the Eurosim MODs you need the ISI 1960's v1.1, Mugello 0.72, v1.01 of both Fuji/Topeka. I don't know what "FISI F1 style 1.0" is, could be a component of the Eurosim All v11 1.0 MOD, maybe they have a website with more info. In Mod Manager right click on the MOD, choose 'Properties' see if they've got a web address.

Same with "f3-v6-v15A 1.5", at a guess it looks a bit like an update to a MOD you don't have, again perhaps they have a website with more info.

"1960s World Class Racing + All Tracks 0.7"
    "Steves All Cars & Tracks 1.1"

Both these VMODs reference old ISI content that's been updated since they were released, frankly it's the VMOD creators who need to keep their stuff up to date.

4. MKD

MKD Registered

Well that helped alot for sure.. thank you..

5. kibert

kibert Registered

Amigo yo estoy igual q tu...esto no debería ser tan complicado.......se va al carajo todo esto......me ta canasando....imposible de armar.

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Somehow it seemed simpler when we just dragged folders to place in rF1, but then again I did use only offline as is case with rFactor 2 also.

What I find bit complicated is to have three separate player files, manually editing player nickname in PLR file to all those three files and control setup etc everything needed to do three times to get same things going on at every mode.

But still when adjusting video resolution to full screen etc, need to launch any of mode, adjust it and it changes to all modes, but configure sim button seem not to do anything else than sets ticks to boxes and remembers those, but does not affect actual settings.

However I'm sure these are things that beta is used to gain experience from so they can be tuned for better in future.

7. rss334

rss334 Registered

I am a newb and agree with the OP. I've downloaded all the content list @ http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1396 and installed yet I still have items in the MOD manager that say they can't be installed. I've installed and updated what I could. Is there some single place where we should be getting downloads? Is there any direction on how and what to download and what to do with it? Frankly, after about 16 hours of trying to figure this out I've about had enough, I hope this is not representative of the final product. Again I'm new so I know it's user error but help would be appreciated.

8. rss334

rss334 Registered

I agree with OP, I hope the install process for cars and tracks is easier. I'm a newb to RFACTOR so I'm sure it's user error but using http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1396 I still can't get the packages to install. They show up under "Can't install" section. Is there a clear post on how and where to install this stuff from please for single player please. Then comes the issue with Multiplayer when I connect to a server it does a mod check and I get a window that show I'm missing most all mods, it does not procede to download them either. How do I get the mods that the server is running (I assume they are mods or maybe something I've yet to install?)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012