realistic clutch

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by otirc, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Point taken, if you want the option, why not, I could just choose not to enable it on our server.
    But thinking again about the 3rd option for clutch you proposed, why? Manual should just be implemented correctly, effectively making it as real as it gets. What would be the point in keeping the manual clutch as it is now? So one could use the clutch to feel good and brag about it? You´d never know, if your timing is actually correct anyway, unless you looked into telemetry, and then what? In real life you have a good indicator if your timing is correct, and a convincing incentive of getting it right very quickly, saving money on gearbox replacements. So, why should it be any different in a simulation? You do have to get it right eventually or you will never finish a race let alone win one. And you don´t have to spend a fortune if you mess up, so why make it easier still?
    When I got my first pedal set, which had a clutch pedal and disabled autoclutch in gMotor based simulations, I expected the real deal, guess my disappointment.

And speaking of a feature that exists but does not work as one expects, sounds to me as if this should simply be put into Bug Reports. Which would only leave the forced manual clutch option as a wishlist item. I mean wishlist usually being the lowest priority in "bug fixing", an actual bug report might get a higher priority. Of course it is a very old bug, but I have never seen it reported as such either. Let me think about it a little longer. ;)

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Read through the rest of this thread. You will understand why we want this 3rd option and why we want to keep the other 2 options.

3. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Well, I had already read it before my last post. But I just read it again. Still don´t see why you want to keep the current implementation of the manual clutch. It is the very reason why the already existing penalty system is basically useless.

Enlighten me, please.

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

If you have a clutch, the new real clutch system is ideal. If you do not have a clutch, the current manual clutch system is still doable if you map a button as the clutch. You only need the clutch to take off (and then not really if you time the shift into first right) and if you spin so you don't stall.

5. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Ahh, hadn´t thought about that. One cannot stall with autoclutch. OK, sold, where do I sign? That petition is closed already. Anyway, I´d rather have it as a poll on this forum. Don´t want to create yet another account, let alone read terms of use etc., just to sign a petition.

6. osella

osella Registered

That petition was deemed inappropriate in the end and was closed by author after just 3 days or so. Such sites are intended for serious world, health problems etc. and not for wishing features in a software. Although I signed it too, I agree we don't need a petition for that.

7. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Up

Mauro likes this.
  8. Wanderer

Wanderer Registered

A Mod like Grinding Tranny would be enough for me at this point.
    Dont think they will implement it soon, and so a H-Shifter is pretty much useless in rF2.
    When i want to use it, i fire up rF1 HistorX, AC or RBR.
    But when i see how "easy" and well the Grinding Tranny Mod works, especially with the HistorX Mod,
    then i think its a shame that the imo best feeling Sim dont simulate a such important part of a car in any way.

lbird and Pauli Partanen like this.
  9. Omelete

Omelete Registered

Realistic cluch and gearbox system

10. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered