Real wheel & VR wheel alignment

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Chri5Bourne, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Chri5Bourne

Chri5Bourne Registered

I am a new user to the SIM and a new user to VR.
    I am struggling with the calibration of the wheel where the virtual wheel doesn't rotate as much as my real wheel.
    I am running the thrustmaster 500 wheel and have the thrustmaster settings set to 800 degrees of rotation and also in the SIM have matched this to 800 degrees of rotation in the settings. Am I missing something that will make the virtual wheel ill turn the same angle as my physical wheel? To be honest it does seem like I am overturning my actual wheel on turn in.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea what to tweak.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You need the game to know how much your wheel can turn in total (your 800), and then let it adjust for each car (some have ~400, others have 700+, so if you keep your wheel the same some will just feel wrong).

You have two ways to do this: leave your wheel settings as they are, tick Vehicle Set in the game, and it should adjust automatically.

If that doesn't work properly, or you play other games and don't like rF2 changing your wheel rotation in the control panel, follow this post: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....wheel-rotation-not-working.61750/#post-968519

(You still need vehicle set ticked)

3. Chri5Bourne

Chri5Bourne Registered

Thanks Lazza, I'll give that a try.