Real Road

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by MarcG, Jun 26, 2014.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

What was the Accelerated Rate it was running at prior to this Build please? just so I can gauge the levels better. (mainly for future reference but you never know I might find a bug!)

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I believe the old default was 10x. The new default is 5x.. Normal = 1x.

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

And for those that haven't noticed, on the dedi, the RR multi can be changed by selecting the track layout and then pressing the weather button. It can be set to something different for each session.

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for the reply in the other threat Noel; I got it running now.

The RR however is not a good thing I think. Why?
    There are people like me, driving offline and when I want to do a race, I get green track IF I don't do the other sessions (or one of them) first.
    It doesn't do autosave anymore!

Now I want to do a race and I have to sit down for practice, qualifying and race al at once.............
    Did ISI think about that one?
    I can't go out or the track is green again.

Don't like it.........it's build for online, guys doing sessions al at once, but you can't leave it.

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

On the server there is more flexibility. But in SP mode it starts with "light" rubber and then all other sessions are naturally progressing. So if you put down a bunch of rubber in practice, then in Q it inherits what you put down in P and the same goes for R. What you could do is set the RR multi to something really high in P so that when you get to Q it will be really rubbered up but set the multi in Q to be 1x.

BTW, you have to set the weather to "Scripted" to unlock the RR profile selector.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
  6. Miro

Miro Registered

Real road stuff = awesome! ;)

real road = normal

30 GT cars 1h accelerated racing in P mode, the real road as you'd expect. Just a bit there.
    Comes rain it gets wet pretty fast as in real live but now no drying line. Yippiii.
    Rain stops, it needs a few laps for the drying line to appear again, awesome stuff.

As for the build. I've had no issues so far. At least none noticed. The CTD thing without conntent I can confirm tho, but that's all.

7. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Can someone from ISI confirm these numbers, especially that the old default was 10x? (*uff da* as they say in Fargo)

Also, can someone elaborate on the Real Road Time Scale 'Session %' in dedicated server window? Does it mean we start a weekend with a green track and (no matter its lenght) we're on a 100% rubbered-in track by the end of the race? What if one starts practice with light rubber then instead of a green track? Or am I off track here?

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

is the contact patch tire updates in this build ? nothing in the release note :(

9. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Only minor things don't get into build notes. Becasue if every details and smallest change would go into the list they would be 5x longer. Not only that, most of the users won't even understand what some changes that they don't even feel, mean.

That change is big enough for to be mentioned. If it's not, I presume that there's nothing there to say about it. So no. No changes I guess. Patience.

10. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I am not ISI employed, but i can confirm that the old default was 10x (this was confirmed in the ISI internal forum by the RR programmer)

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks Max

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Does this speed also apply to track drying after it stops raining?

13. Armando

Armando Registered

The post from Mrslfrsl would suggest so.

14. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Just a quick question if I got that right:
    I haven't tested this new unstable yet, but before you could set a real road profile for every single session in singleplayer. So what you could do is just fire up a track you wanna race in practice mode, put tons of AI cars in it and let them put rubber on the track with time acceleration. Then save that real road state and set it in for the race session. Doesn't that work anymore with this new build?

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yes, you can still do that. My guess is he didn't have weather set to scripted so the RR profile selector was grayed out.

16. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

I played the unstable last night and everything worked like before. Real road settings still in the same spot and all my previously saved road profiles worked. Only difference is now there's an extra setting field for real road acceleration.

17. jayblue

jayblue Registered

I much prefer the new real road settings. Finally the track does not rubber in too quickly and when it rains you need to make a calculated guess when the best time to switch to slicks is. A big improvement in this build overall.

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I don't know why, but I always thought you were an employee of ISI lol.

19. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

No LOL i have 0 skills in programming, 2d/3d art, modding and furthermore my english is broken, so any my job in a software house is a non sense.

I am one of the "infamous" :) internal testers and that is all!