"Real" road?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nosslrac, May 22, 2013.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

depends on the tires, depends on the asphalt, as its accelerated its hard to judge. one thing though straights shouldn't rubber up as much as corners, that bugs me!

2. smithaz

smithaz Registered

im sure its an easy fix the groundwork is there, they just have to tinker with the settings and start taking into account tyre loading and sliding through corners

3. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

This is my darling and a sore subject. Everything depends from not the correct base of RealRoad. I already unsubscribed on this a subject much, I understood as everything works, and I consider it not a right way.
    That is, I so understand tires, and drawing of a way of PealRoad, these are two different things. Absolutely different. The way is drawn simply on a surface, and doesn't influence wear of tires.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...F1-conversion)?p=159849&viewfull=1#post159849

4. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Считаю, что необходимо установить физической величины для skidmarcks больше плотности связи и повышение стоимости изображение в 100 раз, что следы сильного торможения дрейфа и т.д. не исчезнет.
    В KartPRO живой трек сделан искусно, и работает на любых расстояниях, передается по сети и не загружает графику.
    И сделать текстуру Racegrow монохромный и показать траекторию очищен от пыли и мусора, но не резиновой поверхности.
    Жаль, что кто не 'т слушать мои vyskzyvaniye. Я доволен тем, RF2, но не в восторге от своей работы и, как это находится в разработке, я предлагаю идеи.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...F1-conversion)?p=160318&viewfull=1#post160318

5. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Well, here's a quick photo I took during the DTM race at Brands Hatch last Sunday - Graham Hill bend, a sharp corner with a heavy downhill braking zone....

[​IMG]

This a track that had been raced on for two days already. As you can see, the rubbering-in effect is very subtle - certainly not a thick black corridor. I'd say this is more representative of your average track surface. Somewhere like Sebring, with a lighter track surface, will obviously show more signs of laid rubber.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah like I said it'll be different on another track, brands is my local track been there enough to know what it looks like rubbered in :)

again as its accelerated maybe that has something to do with the thickness of the black line. until ISI finish real road or get around to actually working on it it's hard to judge exactly, it's still better than anything else out there right now...which is good of course!

7. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Oh yeah, I love real road. It's a game-changer in sim-racing. However, even though the current real road implementation is highly accelerated, it's still not representative of what a fully evolved track looks like. It's an exaggeration at present. I doubt any racing line would look that dark after hours and hours of running.

It looks better on some tracks compared to others. Croft is a good example of a much more natural looking real road. I'm sure it will sort itself out over time.

8. Miro

Miro Registered

[​IMG]

But yes it's not everywhere the case that the track looks like this. This is 12h Sebring.

9. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

The road always looks differently, in different series, here is said that the road always has one drawing not dependent on a series and time carried out on track. The texture doesn't change. RealRoad the sealed texture.
    ISI don't want to change the principle of work of RealRoad, it is possible to change only texture to taste, all.