"Real" road?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nosslrac, May 22, 2013.

1. nosslrac

nosslrac Registered

I bought rF2 a couple of weeks ago but havent had much time to play.
    Today I decided to try the real road technology and Im sad to say Im a little disappointed.

I went out on track, all alone, and decided to go off of the racing line. The track was green so it was like driving one ice.
    I know the technology is accelerated in the beta so I wasnt surprised when the rubber started showing after just a few laps.
    What surprised me was that the rubber wasnt where I had been driving, and my lines were still as slippery as when I started the session.
    So, after 10+ laps, the line I had been driving was still "green", but the racing line was very black and grippy.

It seems to me that the real road tech is actually pre-determined and not "dynamic", which ISI claims.

Is it supposed to be like this? Is it possible that there is some kind of issue with my game?
    If its supposed to be like this then rF2 might not be the game for me, but if you think there's an issue with my game Id like to get help on how to fix it.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

it's Dynamic to my line when I use it, did you have AI on the track? because there's more of them and they will get a quicker Real Road line long before your lines become visible.
    Try it again on your own and on an ISI track, you'll soon see the Dynamicness (is that even a word!?!)

3. Bart S

Bart S Member

I think you are wrong but don't quote me, what has probably happened you had the AI running with you. AI will quickly build up rubber in its pre determined path. Try without AI and do lots of lockups in the same spot.

Dam Marc you just beat me to it, lol

4. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

MarcG is right, you have to set the number of ai drivers to 0

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Lockups are different to Real Road, they are just skidmarks, Real Road is the rubbered in effect :)

EDIT: also start a session off in the Wet and drive the same line (off racing line) and you'll see where the dry line appears on your path :)

6. nosslrac

nosslrac Registered

Like I wrote, I was alone on the track. There were no AI on track or in the list.
    Perhaps you mean I have to set AI drivers to zero even when Im in a private session (set in options)?

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

uumm dont think so but try it, its definatley Dynamic though unless it's broke in this build. Someone else will have to check as I'm off out!

EDIT: you may of been alone but set Private Practice? if so the AI are still "there" and rubbering in the track I believe, set them to Zero to be safe.

8. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

yes, private means that you dont see or hear the ai but they are there.
    you can switch to them using + and -

9. nosslrac

nosslrac Registered

Ok, thank you for the responses. Its starting to make sense now :)

10. tjc

tjc Registered

Nope... :p

Not in the Oxford anyway. :)

Quite a cool word though...

11. Duvel

Duvel Registered

yeah you had ai there, you just could not see them in private mode :)

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

ISI needs to tweak the real road visual effects! at Med-Ohio, for example, the racing line become too much black after a few laps!

13. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I think all ISI tracks are quite good as they are now. They just get rubbered in a bit too fast, like time was accelerated, but we all know that...

Regarding Mid-Ohio it's been like this since it was released, and it probably need an update from the modder.

14. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Yeah, real road "visual effect" depends on the modder... is usual to see tracks with ISI's realroad, and Mid Ohio has one of first versions of ISI's real road textures.

15. Radar

Radar Registered

It is a cool word 'Dynamicness' If we use it enough, it will get added to that Oxford of yours :)

16. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Real road is too dark on most circuits. A rubbered-in race track in real life doesn't become that dark on the racing line. I was at Brands Hatch on Sunday and there was no noticeable darkening of the racing line.

17. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

I think the real road is only that dark because the AI is wearing of their tires as fast as we do. Like some people complained about the tires in another thread. They say that their set of tires is gone after 20 laps on hard ones. If 20 cars blasting their tires in 20 laps its understandable that the road will look that dark. Maybe ISI is fixing this "Time Acceleration" soon and its only for testing and bug tracking. It would suck the other way round. like driving 40 minutes on your Tires because u think u can run an hour or longer and suddenly your tires get a strange behaviour and u loose control or something else.

18. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

My point was the real road should never get that dark at all. The effect of rubbering-in on real race tracks is much more visually subtle, not a thick black stripe.

19. tjc

tjc Registered

Good point... will have to use it as much as possible now. ;)

20. tjc

tjc Registered

+1