Real Road Not Working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M Lynn, Mar 1, 2020.

1. M Lynn

M Lynn Registered

So, I've ran a full 2 hour session with 20 AI and saved the real road, it's fully rubbered in. Now I load a new session with that file selected for the real road (weather set to scripted), but when I get on the track there is no rubber, it's a "green" track. Huh, what's going on? Is it supposed to work with any track/mod/car? I just don't get it. It worked before but for some reason it isn't now.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Did you assign it as the starting rubber for the same session you started on?

3. M Lynn

M Lynn Registered

Hi Lazza. Do you mean for the original 2 hour session? Yeah it was set as the starting rubber, then I saved it at the end, overwriting the original. Do I need to start with a different file or a green track, and then save it as a new file? It's got me stumped as it's worked ok in the recent past lol.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@M Lynn No, I meant a more straightforward oversight: setting the new realroad as the rubber for, say, qualifying, then going into practice and wondering why it's not working :D

It shouldn't matter how you started the process, any saved rubber will load fine. The only exception is when the track has nearly any sort of update in between, but it sounds like you're doing all this in a short time.

5. M Lynn

M Lynn Registered

Ah, yes, got it now, that was it. I was setting it for race instead of practice. What an idiot :oops:. Thanks.

Lazza likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I've done that so many times :p

7. M Lynn

M Lynn Registered

Haha, easy mistake I guess :D