Real Road 2.0 and track temperatures on tyres problem (July RC)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ilgrillo, Jul 16, 2022.

Tags:
  1. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

some time ago I was messing with a car mod, and one of the changes I did was setting the parameter

InternalGasMolarMass=0.022302

inside the tgm file for the tires, basically what I did was filling the tires with nitrogen, making them less prone to change in pressure because of temperature (but still affected); could also be affecting the apparent little fluctuation in the tire pressure.

Also what you're seen could be related to the car model you're using; maybe repeat the test with different cars from different makers (S397, ISSI, Steam Workshop)

mantasisg likes this.
  2. Adam Baldwin

Adam Baldwin Registered

The data from my testing suggests there is indeed a difference. See below.
    C3F21DB5-E89E-4895-B72F-6C81366F00F2.png

doddynco and ebeninca like this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yeah, still a difference. I guess some people has expectations of absolutely huge differences.

Why there are such huge differences of ambient vs track temps in your tests ? Seems like in every case there is twenty degrees difference, is this due to very sunny weather ? I suppose it is reasonable then.

4. Adam Baldwin

Adam Baldwin Registered

That’s correct, clear weather. I assume that’s the reason.

5. Nuno Leite Castro

Nuno Leite Castro Registered

So, from what I've tried to learn by reading the threads was that Tyre Pressure set in low is still a thing in RF2, meaning the "bug" persists in order to seek performance. Mainly, tarmac temps are now a factor also for tyre wear which it wasn't because ambient temp did nothing to that matter.
    But increasing tyre pressure just still the same, no performance and same tyre wear as low presure. Is it fair to get to this conclusion by now, with all the new builds and hotfixs?

6. vava74

vava74 Registered

Someone on Discord who is an active participant in the BTCC races reported that higher tyre pressures (ie. not using minimum) reduce the tyre wear significantly, whilst not losing lap-time speed from the get go with any significance and, on the contrary and as obvious, resulting in retaining performance over the course of the BTCC sprint races (which people that start with minimum usually end with no tyres and much slower than at the start).
    These findings might also have an association with the track temperature affecting wear.

ebeninca, TJones and davehenrie like this.