Re-installed game and have all mods, can´t install Corvette v1.41 only.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Foxiol, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

1-Introduction to my problem (avoid this part):

Hi, as the title says, I had a problem with my activation (corrupted) because after having the game since the first build and being upgrading it since then, I installed a second rFactor 2 which used the same activation, and after deciding to uninstall it because I did that to see if I could gain some performance (it was the same, and it works good for me just to point that out), I encountered a weird problem with the launcher. Buttons worked one day and other days won´t so It could be a licence issue.
    Deleted everything (not the packages), even registry files, and installed a clean version of the Lite rFactor 2.
    Then reactivated the game and now works as it should. (I was right about my activation being corrupted)

2-The Problem:

I downloaded all the mods again, the tracks and installed everything, with some issues that I could solve by looking at old files saved in my own HDD because we don´t have old versions of the "1960 historic mod" here at "ISI" and some others which needs old versions so other mods can run.

This is a list of all the mods we need to have, so we can have a "full rFactor 2 clean installation" with no problems (with some extras already installed as the Prixsim Lola and Aura T5) and some of those are not in the download page at ISI, have in mind that:

[​IMG]

Fine, now the problem itself comes with the Corvette CR6 GT mod which I have both versions the 1.0 which I could install with no problems, and the 1.41 version which I downloaded from the ISI download page and it is not passing the verification and I can´t install it at all. Is this file corrupted? I downloaded it from the USA mirrors and German mirrors as well.

Image so you can see what happens. And this is the only mod I can´t install:

[​IMG]

So that is my main problem, hope you can upload it again or something.

And one other thing I have 2 versions of the Marussia MR01 2012, 1.0 and 1.42, I have both installed so, Do I need to have both or may I delete the 1.0 version?

Same thing happens with the Renault_Clio Cup, I have the 1.0 version and 1.41...same thing as the Marussia, Do I need to have both installed? In the game I can see cars duplicated but on each box says v1.0 and the other v1.41. So it is like being duplicated in both cases.

PS: Also maybe already discussed here and I don´t use to post at all but hope you can change this system in where you need to have an specific track or mod to install other mod. It will be simple if mods can be separated from tracks and vice versa as it should be. Why I need to have a track that probably I don´t like in the game?

That´s it.

Sorry for the long post, my main language is not English (sorry if I made mistakes), and I am a little bit upset since I spent all night downloading and re-installing rFactor 2.

2. DocJones

DocJones Registered

I had the same issue with the Corvette. I solved it using a different mirror. I know it's what you did already, but maybe try a 3rd one?

Btw.: the place you race at should seriously get rid of vmods that rely on old content. Creating new vmods is no rocket science.

3. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Thanks for reply, I finally solved it by downloading it from an Australian mirror. (USA and German ones didn´t work for me, weird)

Also, Do I need to uninstall the 1.0 versions of the Clio Cup and Marussia mods? I can´t remember.

ISI: This thread can be closed but tell me if I need to delete the old 1.0 versions of those mods. Thanks.

4. MJP

MJP Registered

You don't need to delete the old v1.0 versions, you can have both versions installed at same time. Quite why anyone would want to run old versions I can't answer but for example everytime I look in the lobby the Clio server with the most drivers in is still using the old version, I've noticed this happening every weekend since the Clios got updated.

5. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Use the "Dropbox" mirror

From my experience and posts from others, any new rfcmp that is 1.4x does not need earlier files. The new ver. 1.4x files are independent of older versions. All these new 1.4x versions are breaking away from dependencies.