Released RCCO eX ZERO | Extreme Electric Racing Comes To rFactor 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

I now understand all the fuss about this car... it is not because it's a "fantasy" car, it is about the fact that is electric. But we all know that IC motorsport is going to be extinct in our lifetime (and this make many of you mad). I know that we are not ready to acknowledge this epocal change, but technology is not about romanticism, is about efficiency, soon, full electric cars will go faster and farther than any IC vehicle.
    So, now bow in front of your electric overlord :D

Ayrton de Lima and pkelly like this.
  2. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

What bothers me the most is that it's a fictional / semi fictional car.

vittorio likes this.
  3. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I'm not totally against fictional cars infact what iracing did with dallara 01 i liked that concept.
    Although i still prefer cars that actually being driven or about to be driven
    Why ? because even when you have data on computer to get more precise data the car needs actual testing on real roads, this way we get complete data on both ends i.e simulator and real world test.
    Also as a consumer we can see how the car behaves via onboards videos, driver interviews , Blogs , reviews etc.
    I always compare a car in with above mentioned thing especially onboard.
    while for Ex-0 i barely got 3 goggle images...nothing to verify about it other than just trusting the devs.

And biggest factor of them all is soul..the engine, look i'm all for hyper efficient road,race cars in real world but in simulator i'm here to enjoy cars that i cannot even imagine to drive hell i haven't even seen one race car in person in my entire life...
    There are so many potential for good cars especially since we got ferrari, my god ferrari has some some collection that will cure ones erectile dysfunction.
    Just listen to likes of Ferrari 412 T1/T2 that one car can be sold for 2 times the money than any other DLC here but many people including me still pay for it.

4. doddynco

doddynco Registered

I like electric cars, I like fictional cars (the Nike One from Gran Turismo for example).

The problem is not that this car is electric or fictional, it's that the the RCCO is weak in every aspect.

It looks awful from the outside,
    It looks awful from the inside.
    It sounds awful.
    The name is awful.

They had complete artistic freedom to design this car and it looks like a knock-off hotwheels car.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    R.Noctua and dylbie like this.
  5. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

It must be frustrating to the S397 staff to read through the comments.
    Ergo, everything on a race sim is fantasy when you think about it. So I'm not sure what gets some people's knickers bunched up about it.

Being among the geriatric crowd I'm certainly not the fastest driver but I find GT3 cars too far on the far side of anemic for my taste. Rather than gripe about it, when they're released I buy them anyway just to support S397. I doubt I've even tried more then a few of them.

Make no mistake it's developed for an advanced level driver. If you're skill levels aren't up to it, don't buy it, its really that simple. Or if like me, you want to see S397 prosper and grow, than buy it anyway, your choice.

Ayrton de Lima likes this.
  6. Filip

Filip Registered

I welcome everything that is not another GT3.

David Short, Ayrton de Lima and lagg like this.
  7. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

True, getting tired of GT cars now. Need some F1 car, a ferrari F1. anything from 1990-2012 will do.

David Short likes this.
  8. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I'm tired of the lack of paid tracks.

I welcome everything that is not electric car.

this DLC is a big NO for me. I only needs tracks and tracks.

9. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

paid accurate tracks are also very good option, although i would currently like a nice f1 dlc.
    Plus i think tracks cost more than cars so this might be the reason why generally car dlc are more than tracks.

David Short and Stefan_L_01 like this.
  10. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

I don't care this dlc. We have enough GT3 DLC with strange BOP. We need touring cars, fwd cars.

pilAUTO and R.Noctua like this.
  11. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Oh yes , Fwd is very much needed.
    I was looking at some old F2 kit rally cars (Fwd) my god these cars are fantastic.
    10000 RPM !! nearly 300 Bhp and around 900 Kg of weight
    I would even say they are much more appealing than TCR cars.

Imre Bende likes this.
  12. Roberto boniotti

Roberto boniotti Registered

If you don't like the DLC, don't just buy it. It is useless to come here to insult people's work. They will see it from sales whether they liked it or not. I don't mind, it is very fast but unfortunately, having no engine brake, braking is poor and must be anticipated a lot. The mirror in the middle of the steering wheel is invisible to someone like me who drives with a 40-inch screen. I have a Fanatec CLS with 3 pedals and I find the FFB ok. We've been driving horrible third-party mods and I don't feel like complaining about a well-made fantasy car.

Alessio Feletto and Remco Majoor like this.
  13. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

653 people have it right now, gen 2 FE car has 9364. It's not as popular, but it hasnt been out for long and its usecase isn't shown yet. Also considering the licensing cost of FE, they might even make more money on the eX car

14. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

People who hates spec racing: I welcome more GT3, we're missing a Lambo, Honda, Nissan and Lexus as well as the new AMG GT3 Evo and the new 991 GT3 R

pkelly and gt911 like this.
  15. lagg

lagg Registered

I don't hate GT3, but 10 of them are more than enough for me.
    I welcome everything that is not another GT3.

FrC, Remco Majoor, Filip and 2 others like this.
  16. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

It's not a hate thing its more that we already have quite a few novice level cars with driver assist and lack full tune ability like gearing, suspension, etc., so when S397 releases a car targeted to the more seasoned audience the novices just bellyache about it.

17. Comante

Comante Registered

Without considering that people choose the car that is faster for them , not the one he is forced by contract to drive, I guess people pick always the same 3 or 4 cars of the whole gt3 field.

18. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Didn't know the eX was a GT3 car

19. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

Can't set these things up? The one to complain about with this is Monsieur Ratel. I know they are pretty dull to drive like all modern cars, that's why I dislike modern FWD cars regardless if they are as fast as modern RWD cars.
    I'd like to see them but if S397 brought out the GT4, is that going to be much different? Less the fancy aero of course. TCR? Also the same. Historics? They'd say dream on. Maybe it is easier to get data from modern cars to past cars.
    Question is wether you do want to drive a car that is already obsolete (Porsche GT3 R (mostly used in 2018) and AMG-GT3 (becoming now obsolete)) or one that is commonly used this and next season
    Problem with F1 is that anymore than 1 and Liberty Media gets pissy about it like they did with Reiza and having more than 20 of the same F1 cars look ridiculous when in reality, teams produce 5-8 cars for the season

20. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I'd actually be interested in a RWD version of this car. I don't like the 4WD as much :D