Random Rare Game Stutter

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jason Muscat, Feb 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jason Muscat

Jason Muscat Registered

Hi,

I have random stuttering sometimes. It can happen once every 20 laps or sometimes more often. It happens even when there is not that many cars (4-5 cars in server). The stutter slows down the car by about 0.2 - 0.4 of a second. It's like the car jumps back. It's not a graphic issue because if I watch the replay, or someone watches my replay they can also see it happen in replay. The worst thing is when it happens during a race and a car is behind you as it happened to me last week at Magny Cours (see video below start at 1:21:00, it happens at 1:21:11). The stutter didn't happen for 25 laps but decided to happen at the worst moment of the race.

Is it a game issue? and is there anyway I can prevent it from happening?

I tried to check the pink bar (CPU Usage CTRL+C) but the issue is so rare I can't pick it up if it gives a spike on CPU usage, but when I am driving the pink bar never goes up more than half way, even with 30 AIs.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.40Ghz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX970
    RAM: 16GB

I also attached screenshot of my game video settings.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  2. stonec

stonec Registered

I can almost assure you it's not a CPU out-of-real-time issue with a 6th gen i7. It's more likely related to online syncing when someone leaves/joins the server, there is a thread about it here. There is some problem with mixed class mods when upgrades are enabled that appeared last year with build 1080 I think. S397 inherited the problem from ISI, so not sure if they yet have been able to identify what produces this bug. But its' a big issue for sure.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  3. Jason Muscat

Jason Muscat Registered

Thanks for the update. It helps a lot. I will talk with league admins to see what we can do.

4. Jason Muscat

Jason Muscat Registered

Any news from Studio 397 if they will fix it with next build? it's really a big issue for league racing :(

5. caterkiller

caterkiller Registered

That's a big issue for us too. We also had this bug again wednesday on the SuperGT mod from S397. Many of us had the issue.
    Really, I'm thinking to switch to Assetto Corsa if S397 can't solve this problem. This should be on the top priority debug list.

I hope someone of the S397 staff can say something to us !

Nicolas Pailhes and Jason Muscat like this.