Random Menu/Gameplay Stutter

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by PLAYLIFE, Feb 26, 2012.

1. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I am having seemingly random menu/gameplay stutter.

I load up the game and it works fine. I'll shut it down and re-open it another time without having changed a single thing and get the 3 fps stutter. Close it down, try again and back to normal. No changes whatsoever.

I first notice that things aren't right in the race weekend menu where the button presses are slow. I also have a problem which only started occurring in build 60 where the race menus (setup garage and race monitor) are superimposed over one another, with the setup garage menu on top of the race monitor menu (only when going into the setup garage menu). I am still able to tinker with the setup but I can see the replay monitor, part of the standings etc. Upon exiting the setup garage menu, the race monitor menu appears as per normal.

The menu superimposition occurs at all times regardless of the 3fps gameplay.

2. jatosha

jatosha Registered

I'm getting this as well. I've had plenty of probs just getting the game to load a track (keep getting runtime errors etc).

Not as many CTD's anymore since build 60, but getting this annoying intermittant fps problem. I can get very high fps when its working fine, but as PLAYLIFE says, I can then go back to play again, and only get 1, 2 or 3 fps, even in the garage. I once fixed it by alt/tabbing out and back in, then the fps were stuck on 59. I was happy with that. Havent been able to get this work again since.

system details -
    I7 870
    windows 7 32bit
    4gb ram
    nvidia GTX 470.

Anyone else having this prob?