Random CTD while in game

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jason Whited, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Registered

2. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Same here. Online racing last night - I was CTD’d at least twice and had serious lock ups at least once at other times and another racer had some issues as well.

After the first one, I rebooted the machine completely and rejoined the server - this was successful and uneventful except that the timing screen (new UI) was completely blank - I could see no entries, not even my own (four other racers on the server at that time). We managed another few 5 lap races before another CTD.

At the time, we put these incidents down to issues with the car mod (1973 Porsche 911 RSR) and track (Goodwood v0.2 - non-Steam) but as these were (mainly) true CTDs that we’ve not experienced at any time before - and because they coincide with the OP’s report above (and a minor rf2 update we seemed to get yesterday), looks like we’ve got a new bug...

ps - as an afterthought, the two users (myself included) that had problems are both on the new UI. At least one of the users that had no problems is on the old UI. Might be a red herring.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021