SOLVED Random crashes after last small patches (v1110)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by KostasGR, Jun 18, 2018.

1. KostasGR

KostasGR Registered

The last 4-5 days, (after the small patches of v1110) i have very random crashes. The crash can happen when loading the track,selecting a car,seeing a replay,driving,stay on the monitor,singleplayer,multiplayer...Everywhere and with different mods.
    I've tried a bunch of things. Here is a list with the things i tried.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Reinstalling the game
    -Reinstall all CommonRedist
    -Repairing Windows
    -Change nVidia drivers (tried with old and with new)
    -Reinstall MOBO/Hardware drivers from scratch
    -Drop down some Inside rFactor 2 settings (Inside visual settings)
    -Run the game borderless,fullscreen,windowed
    -Changing g27 usb port
    -Reinstalling g27 drivers
    -Run the game with not a single thing at the USB ports.
    -Change the memory ddr3 slots to the other 2 available at my MOBO
    -Change to aggressive threading
    -Change other video settings (Sync,AA,Resolution,FXAA)
    -Force 32-bit
    -Run with Ctrl+F active
    -Close the Record replay function
    -New Userdata/Settings (Vanilla)
    -Clear registry with CCleaner
    -Give high priority to game by Task Manager
    -Run with commands to launcher (+multiplayer +connect)
    -Clear Steam cache and settings
    -Run the game with no 3rd Party plugins
    -Run at v1110 by selecting it from the BETAS Versions ( I don't know if it matters.It's the same version)
    -Close anti-virus and the processes. Close firewall.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I run out of ideas...I don't want to format because first I have my Undergraduate Thesis at my PC, second too much things to download with such a slow internet speed and third well obviously....My PC runs pretty good with everything else (Assetto,iRacing,World of Warships,LOL,Minecraft :p )

Also i haven't installed something new to my PC (except CCLeaner) for about 10 days and my Windows doesn't update anymore (Windows 7).

Here is some Crash Dumps: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10t8KZ1opK4gQTVBcfb8QEZRVVkO_MLgu
    with codes
    0xC0000417 (this is rare) and 0xC0000005 (the most times):The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access

I checked my memory usage while playing and it's like 5,7 out of 8 and GPU Memory at 75%. The frame buffer hit 56% and the Bus interface 43%. CPU was resting really at 10-30% with some spikes to 60%.

All the tests were done, with Steam,Teamspeak,HWMonitor,Soundblaster control panel and Game running. Everything else was closed.

Finally something i noticed during the multiplayer. When i choose to Leave Track (Disconnect from the server) the game should put me at the screen where it's says "Attempting to direct connect" and leave me there. When i click on Leave track, the game put me at this exact screen and then instantly crashes to desktop.

Also i run with a single monitor

PC Specs:
    i7 2600K 3.4 GhZ (not overclock)
    Corsair 8 GB 9-9-9-24 @1600
    Asrock P67
    Corsair 750W CX
    MSI nVidia GTX 760

Please find attached and a DxDiag test

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  2. KostasGR

KostasGR Registered

Consider the problem Solved

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Can you let us know what you did, or what the problem was? It can help when other people have similar issues.

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

It isn't a crash to desktop.
    I used to hate when you left a server it would close the game, straight to desktop.
    Then in the Multiplayer.JSON I found this:
    "Auto Exit":true,
    "Auto Exit#":"whether to automatically exit after leaving auto-hosted\/auto-joined games",

o_O Great default (at least on my install) gentlemen. :rolleyes:
    Changed it to :false, and calm was restored to the planet Adsta. :cool:

5. KostasGR

KostasGR Registered

@Lazza Well it was stupid :p ... I considered that SimRacingTools can't crash the game and because it's required for FSR Races as mandatory i didn't remove it. I remove every other plugin Except that one. Turns out that bu using Debug Diagnostic Tool, SimRacingTools .dll was the one that crashed the game. Remove it and it was all good... I don't know what to do know for the upcoming race :p ...Anyway that was the problem
    Also thanks @ADSTA for that one...

Lazza likes this.