Random +/-1S freezes

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Timpie Claessens, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Hi guys

Was just driving on the ISI Howstons server and I got a couple of moments where my screen froze op for a second or 2 and then just went on as if nothing happened.
    It was as if I literally stopped for that time since I kept losing time to the car behind me.

Any thing I can do about this?

Thanks! :)

2. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Could be any number of things. An automatic update running at the time, gfx or wheel driver stopped and then recovers, etc.

Have you checked Event Viewer?
    Often it will have some information on what took place at the time it happened.

I know, I was just telling someone else to check it too, but it really is a very useful feature in Windows.

3. Timpie Claessens

I'll definitly check that the next time it happens. It was like an hour or so ago and there are quite alot of events there so I wouldn't know what to look for :p
    It only happened in that combination tho, I drove 3 races on Loch with the Nissans and no issues. And drove the historics all week on Brianza without an issue.

4. datanode

datanode Registered

Happens to me all the time. Was told it is lag. This is probably correct. However, I think that it in my case could be specific lag caused by a lockup from my machine? Sound the same?

5. Timpie Claessens

Well ever since that session it hasnt happened anymore. Absolutely no idea what the problem was since I haven't changed a single thing on my end :p