'Rammers', a different perspective

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hectari, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minibull

Minibull Member

Actually yeah, just imagine. Man I would be pissed as, sucks to sustain a whiplash injury from sim racing XD

I saw a vid of a guy rolling a car in RBR. To be honest, it looked like he actually should be wearing a helmet, as it was violent as :O

And in Hectari's vid above, talk about not using the mirrors...if someone closed on me that fast, I'd be right off the race line for them, so as to avoid what happened in the vid.

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Sounds easy but it isnt (for us slow guys).
    Many times I try to get out of way, I take the non racing line at same moment as fast guy decides to pass from there, I go back to racing line, he does the same and we end up looking like Im blocking him on purpose.
    Also, sometimes I have my problems negotiating a bend and at same time I must get away of fast guys path. Well, only with 'evaporize' button this would be possible.

Have in mind too, that not ramming slow guy in front, is not only good manners, but true simming, as you wouldnt do it IRL, risking your life or wallet to pass car in front on the spot, than waiting for proper place to do it.

3. jtbo

jtbo Registered

1 line change only rule could help there, if guy behind is fast he can overtake even without moving out of the race path, but if one wants to be polite do one line change and then stick to that line to next turn.

Another way is at turn exit go bit slower and stick inside so faster guy can go around using fast line.

Not very easy always and in real world either, but in real world some cars have blinkers which you can signal direction you are going or staying.

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Good advice, and blinkers do work nice, I remember seeing them at Le Mans film.

9 out of 10, this ends up with a ram :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.