Rally

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mP9o, Oct 20, 2010.

1. mP9o

mP9o Registered

Any news about rallymode?

I believe this could really make the sim easily the most played one "ever" if this was properly fitted.

I know people from other parts of the world might disagree with me, but i believe overall in here (europe) rallying is way more wanted "playmode" than anything else

feel free to agree/disagree, different opinions and proper discussion is always good

2. mP9o

mP9o Registered

Ofcourse what i mean is the possibility to have codriver etc proper rallymode
    Not only just being able to drive around like in rf1 :D

3. Jux

Jux Registered

The rally mode would be my most anticipated feature in rF2. Really hope that this game can replace the Richard Burns Rally.

4. Peter

Peter Registered

I believe that I've seen support for rally type stages as a possible feature being mentioned in an interview before. I don't remember where though.

Gjon seems to be very interested in getting proper dirt racing implemented, so rally stages might be a natural progression later on perhaps. I guess for rally you would want snow stages as well.

5. Willie

Willie Registered

Certainly not a good mod would be bad rally, with good gravel roads wet, dry, asphalt and snow

6. mP9o

mP9o Registered

Timothy Wheatley (reply to one question in virtualr)
    Point to point racing, maybe...

this would be awesome

Well:
    -f1 is great imo
    -touring etc is good
    -but rallying is great too and there cant be "too many" attempts at it, look at wrc 2010
    there aint any "direct" competition for it, or well maybe dirt 3, but i dont know if the next one will be more rally or offroad again
    (both ^^ games are good ofcourse, not saying that they aint, i enjoy especially wrc 2010 even with it's flaws)

but, my point being, that the competition in that area of "modern sims" aint overly competed (yet) and this could give a nice edge for rf2 over it's direct competition

since the best rallysim in many peoples opinion (RBR) is getting old, it would be good change to look for in my honest opinion ;)

and ofcourse im having an personal agenda in here, wanting to get more good rallygames out there :D