Rally for rF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jux, Sep 18, 2012.

1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

RBR needs its code looted. Bring it to me.

2. PMC

PMC Registered

Sorry if this has been asked ,but when the Real Road for rally is done will it create progressive ruts and burms that work?

And i guess if so this will be savable like tar?

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Can't answer that yet. The guys will have to do more research, some tech demos etc before I can.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

4. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Is there anything stopping folks from making rally tracks? IMO, there shouldn't be (at least tarmac tracks). I've been having a blast running Lienz (i know it's not point to point but who cares?), mountain forest (until it stopped working with latest build), route 666 (friggin epic) and there's also nords which is like rally and what about longford (amazing) and monaco is short but rally-like. these tracks are all awesome with lada, spark f2, spark f3, t280, etc. etc. etc. So I say, I hope nothing is holding people back from making awesome rally tracks. Anyone out there just waiting for something before they create a tarmac only rally track? Come one guys! Rally is here IMO. Let's see your stuff.

5. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I have a feeling that rally guys still play with RBR. Also Bob's Track Builder has direct support for RBR, so it keeps the track modding scene very alive. What I know is that almost all rally-stage modders use BTB as their tool of choice. This is true also in rF1.

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Rally is point-to-point, pace notes, a co-driver (think weight), special cars and varied road surfaces. Hopping in a road car on a bumpy road is not rally.

There is a rally track pack (Rally NZ) that is being finished up right now. I don't know how good it will be or how good the feel of the gravel will be. What made RBR stand out is that the gravel surface was not only loose, but had actual depth. That was why snow and dirt were so brilliant but this didn't translate to tarmac very well and the tarmac surfaces were not very good.

7. Galaga

Galaga Banned

So rF2 rally scorecard would look something like this:

Easy of tracking-building - C-/D+
    Point-to-point support - D-
    Pace notes - C (I think there is a plugin no?)
    Special cars / co-driver weight - F
    Varied surfaces - F

I get it.

But I am not aware of modding getting any easier so people can't be waiting for that however it is understood that there will need to be more to lure modders to rF2 and spending more effort.

Point to point support sure but didn't stop A13 from doing Route 666 point to point anyway.

Pace notes I think there is a plugin and everyone will memorize tracks anyway especially until there are a lot of new ones coming out.

Special cars. Fine. Not stopping me, though.

Varied surfaces. Understood but not all tracks are varied surfaces. But understand the point anyway.

What I like about rally is primarily that it is technical and also love varied surfaces and gravel also but nothing can be done about that.

Yes reaction and car handling skills that go along with that, etc. but best tracks get thousands of runs anyway to replay value if that is important to you is by definition very low.

So I know there are people out there who enjoy modified rally with tarmac only and circuits, etc. think UK rally, China rally, etc. from rf1. Damnit you guys come over to rf2 and bring your goods with you.

Maybe I'll have to learn how to mod...

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I'm waiting patiently.

Route 666- does it have timing? I haven't run a full lap yet

9. Galaga

Galaga Banned

No does not have point to point timing