Rally Cars/Tracks?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by SL1DE, Dec 13, 2016.

1. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Does anybody know if there are any rally cars/tracks out for rF2, or if anybody is even making any?

2. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I started making(converting) some Group B cars. But they are in my ever increasing folder of WIPs!

I'm trying to focus on Historic Touring Cars first and then I'll maybe put some more time into them in the new year. Or I can send you what I've done so far if you want to have a look and finish them yourself?

RS200 but the cockpit needs a lot of work...

KRO, bravotangosix and Euskotracks like this.
  3. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Interesting... Depends on how much is completed, and what needs to be done - Because I too am still working on the F1 1999 cars (almost ready to release v1.0 just need to finish off a few things). After I finished 1999 I was actually thinking of getting some rally cars and tracks into rF2 anyway...

Group B cars would be awesome and just what I'm looking for, maybe I'll convert some tracks to go with it - If I do then beware for my goal would be to surround the track with spectators like those old Group B videos on YouTube, however I'll make them a solid object (like the hay bales at classic Monaco) so that you can actually hit people and knock them over if you make a mistake. If the rFactor community would accept the GTA-style realism. :D

bravotangosix likes this.
  4. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Savage! I love it! :) Would be even better if they could be animated and collidable too - so they could be waving, taking photos, and stuff like that. All adds to the immersion!

rF2 is desperately needing some rally tracks. That's why I made that vid. There's no off-road tracks so I'll go offroad at Donny instead!

5. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Nice video!

6. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Animating them would be much more difficult, I have no experience with animations. Though I'd love if it'll be possible to animate them on the track taking pictures and then running to the side as you arrive. Is a collidable moving object even possible in rF2? lol.

7. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered