Rain Graphic effects

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miguel Cardoso, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Miguel Cardoso

Miguel Cardoso Registered

When will we have available these rain effects?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

I hope they get round to improving the rain. I know its a bit of a niche but i have the odd Wet race every now and then and there is one thing that stands out is the Spray clipping inside the car :(

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Yes, when?

4. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

I'm really looking forward to it as well

5. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Soon... For almost 3 years.... :(

6. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I really think its odd that one of the things that really makes RF2 stand out compared to other current sims doesnt get more attention. The dynamic weather is a brilliant feature and one of the things that got me to buy the game. Its disappointing that it still WIP after all these years. Its been asked many times but never answered I think.

These threads are from 2015 alone:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23410-Driving-in-rain-Is-it-even-possible-right-now
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24020-Rain-effects-and-wipers
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23876-Rain-Effect-Progress
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24517-Proper-rain-animations-Please
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24254-rF2-Rain-Weather-not-correctly-implemented
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/25821-Rain-Water-on-the-Track

7. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Jesus Christ time passes... For almost 4 years...

8. Tony

Tony Registered

Yep, it's about time - well beyond - that this was included into a build :(

9. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

A good while back some cars had working windscreen wipers, on the newer releases, the wipers seem to be disabled/not animated, so I personally don't hold up much hope....anytime soon. I can't use the rain in its current state, raining inside the cockpit of a tintop, smoke etc inside the cockpit. A real immersion killer.
    I know everything ISI does is physics based and everything implemented has to have a realistic effect, but seriously I would be happy with just raindrops on the screen.
    This is an rFactor 1 mod and even this looks better than rf2

And this, Again rFactor 1

10. Miro

Miro Registered

Slighlty OT but also interessting IMO is if there are any intentions from ISI to change how the real road works in rain conditions. At some point of wetness on track drivers start to avoid the usual dry racing line as the rubber there makes the road more slippery in combinatoin with rain. Wondering if simply inverting it could work and if it is possible.

Also I still do not understand what is going on with track temps and how they work and how they depend on the air temperatures. Humidity, wind etc. all of that is at least just as important as the gfx mentioned above. rF2 is quite challenging in a competetive enviroment with the current dynamics it provides but I feel it would step the game up quite a lot if those things would work as expected.

The racing line dry vs. wet nicely explained here.

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

First post looks yummy... I have my new wallpaper :)

Imagine racing in that with the wet weather physics to match :)

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Maybe ISI are realizing that it's time to start with a new core engine rather than updating/editing/modifying the current one which goes back to, what, the late 90s? Early 2000s? And therefore maybe they're saving this stuff for rFactor 3 which could possibly be built on an all-new, much more modern foundation? Hmmm...

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Talk about flogging a dead horse hey Spin ......lool

Same people and look at them all sad faces even have to resort to Lord's name in vain. hehehe p

Funny I kind of recall well over a year back the responses to dumb DD having the impertinence to speak of "rF3"

So I agree with you more then not.

rF2 12 hour days would have done me, ( dawn to dusk ) I don't hear anyone tearing down GSC/SCE or FTruck for this in past.

rF3 DXxx night and weather.

Would not it be better they spent their time left finishing content and developing features that will be transferable into rF3.

Assetto Corsa go v1.3, magical physics improvements across all areas.
    "a constantly evolving sim " whilst rF2 is " a perpetual beta " ................ ??? :confused:

lol

14. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

If something like that happens i'll realize that isi don't deliver what they announce as software features and won't buy rf3 based in what they are marketing.

15. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

It has been said countless of times that updated wet weather gfx will come.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

then how would you buy AC .....based on this. ...............

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

constantly evolving sounds a lot like perpetual beta to me.........

hehehe

17. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Lol, i don't care about AC. If i want eye candy stuff i'll go for project cars :p

Anyway, i think "rf3" is already here and it is called Rogue system with vr headsets (if i understand right the purpose of that)
    Motorsports are dying. Gas and rubber are for dinossaurs

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2015
  18. Minibull

Minibull Member

I doubt that eh, if the software still stacks up well to the competition in what is trying to be achieved, why scrap it all away? They wouldn't put this much time into their handling/tyre/chassis models only to rewrite them again. Just update, and improve, recode areas that need big work. Like the tyres coming from rF1 to 2.

What I feel with that wet weather stuff is that it looks cool, but it doesn't change with speed, direction, anything like that. Maybe it was a right PIA to do for each of the vehicles, rather than a nice easy setup. Maybe the performance hit was too great at that time, and they just haven't sat back down to go through it again. Any number of reasons that we will never hear, who knows.
    It does need work despereatly, but I'll just hold my patience and wait. They've given us a lot of great features so far, I don't doubt they will come through.

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Ah, a voice of reason... that was refreshing. :)

20. stonec

stonec Registered

I haven't heard anything about rain from the official sources, the 2014 Q&A mentions rain is not a priority. Those effects should have been included from the start, now they are difficult to add as you have a million of different mods and only some 5% of cars have animated wipers, even some recent ISI cars don't.