SOLVED Radical SR3 and Custom Skins.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Andrew Harper, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Registered

Hi,

I'm quickly working on a custom skin for the SR3.

Created the custom folder. The alt.dds file is sitting there as usual.

However when I overwrite it with a new one, the game seems to be ignoring it? Tried clicking on refresh a few times but no change.

Even tried creating a new custom folder for a different car and moving that file across (in case I was saving in the wrong format for example). Nope the alt.dds file is still being ignored.

Just checking before I go any further, with the livery competition and so on, did Studio397 put something in place that stopped custom liveries on this car?

I've done about 20 liveries on RF2 so I assume i know all the procedure but correct me if you think I've done something wrong.

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: OK, my apologies. Tried a few more times and now it works, really odd! Maybe the PC was busy doing something in the background and that slowed RF2 down. Works now anyway.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

I had the same thing that's very curious...

Andrew Harper likes this.
  3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Registered

That's good, glad I wasn't the only one! :)

Yeah I was just about to give up and then all of a sudden it worked. I see the template texture is slightly larger than normal at 4k. However that's never been an issue before (I've even done a 6k texture once to see if it would work) but seems ok now.

I also usually save the texture in uncompressed format as it's faster loading into the game to start with.

Nice avatar by the way (FD RX7 Twin Turbo owner :) )

4. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

I had a RX8 but now a CX3...better miles per gallon but I lost the spirit of high revving up...