Racing against people with different DLCs (suggestion)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kidsu47, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Stevy

Stevy Registered

There is a reason you have the right to read the terms and conditions before you close a deal ;)
    Not gonnay say you're wrong or I'm better (lol who reads this \o/), but they never stated that you own anything.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Which is true for all software out there, including rF2.
    I always disliked iR model and wanted them to move to a sub only model instead. But turns out this is likely to affect the licensing deal as well like it happens to streaming services. They need to pay every year for stuff they didn't produce so it's likely if you have a sub only model the dev will have to pay a yearly license, we could see content being removed/added every year there depending on how many people are still active.
    Just my 2 cents, or my $15

Emery likes this.
  3. Niek

Niek Registered

In hindsight, you are indeed correct that it is quite hypocritical. I don't like iRacing's business model, but I think that the packaging system of rF2 will scare new players away when they got told they need to buy this other pack that's worth 15 EUR and then need to buy two additional cars that aren't in the pack etc etc. If the package system ever gets overhauled it would be a massive improvement for everyone. No more buying cars you're never going to drive. But on the other hand, $$$.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  4. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Thats right. I already said I was stupid. But the first few month it was easy to get subscription almost for free by getting a lot of discount, i thought maybe that keeps going like that, but later i was forced to pay the standard monthly fees. Like the drug dealer next corner gets you. Or lets say, clever marketing by iRacing :) .

But I understand and would be willing to pay a fair amount of money for high quality software and even more for realistic car/track models in simracing (quality software and content for me is similar important as quality hardware). What really got me away was the IMO low quality of iRacings Lotus 49 compared to rF2 1966 F1,F2 and F3 (EVE and spark = Matra and Tecno) and historic content I am most interested.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    Remco Majoor likes this.
  5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I totally understand this too. But thinking ahead, if they would manage this, this would most likely mean prices to end up higher (S397 needs to get money from somewhere). If the GT3 pack would be 60-90 euro's instead of 30, that would scare me away earlier, even though I knew you don't have to buy it all. But then again, with the upcoming competition system it would make more sense to be able to buy one car. Definitely with 12 cars in the GT3 field. But if they will do as they said where they will give you the cheapest option to participate that particular series, then 30 euro's for all cars (which you dont have to pay for accessing them after that), then that's not too bad either. Ideal would be keeping the 4,99 eu price and allowing you to drive against cars you don't own. But then again, most ideal would be everything for free :p

vittorio likes this.
  6. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

Carlos Eduardo Araujo Registered

It is exactly this point of view that I have addressed here on the forum

7. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    Carlos Eduardo Araujo likes this.