[REL] raceXMLcreator - tool to create race reports

Discussion in 'Other' started by Sebastian Röhn, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Sebastian Röhn

Sebastian Röhn Registered

Hello rFactor(2) community,

I want to share my tool raceXMLcreator who can be used to create race, qualifying or practice html reports out of rFactor and rFactor2 xml result files. I know there are already some superb tools who provide this function in a similar way. But this tool was especially developed to use it for creating reports of ENDURANCE races. So its rankings are ordered by teams. It has also an function to use it for endurance races in rFactor and rFactor2 combined with Marcel Offermans Rejoin Plugin. Races with this plugin are held in a practice session and therefor the practice session xml result files of rF(2) only contains laptimes but no race scoring. The raceXMLcreator can produce a readable race session xml result file (therefore its name), which can be used for the SLS league system or other tools to create a race report. But also for those races can be created the html race report. And that's how the tool looks like...​

[​IMG]

For more information (manual, FAQ and tutorial for adjusting the style of the html reports with CSS) about the raceXMLcreator read >>> HERE <<<.

Support Forum: >>> click here <<<
    Download: >>> click here <<<

Here are a few examples of race reports

[​IMG]

[rFactor] Races with REJOIN PLUGIN
    - 24h de la Sarthe 2014 on sim-racing.org: >>> click here <<<
    - 24h de la Sarthe 2014 without rFactor session xml file: >>> click here <<<
    - race *xml file without <stream> and <Lap> entries: >>> click here <<<

- 24h Bathurst GT3 Multilegue 2014 on sim-racing.org: >>> click here <<<
    - 24h Bathurst GT3 Multilegue 2014 without rFactor session xml file: >>>click here<<<
    - race *xml file with <stream> and <Lap> entries: >>> click here <<<

[rFactor] Race and Qualifying session
    - PCC05 @Brno: >>> click here <<<

[rFactor2] Race and Qualifying session:
    - Allstar-Racing Mini League 2014 on sim-racing.org, 1h Suzuka Testrace: >>> click here <<<

[rFactor2] Practice session (6 session files combined)
    - ~ISR~Megane@Bahrain 2014: >>> click here <<<

Special thanks to simsync for supporting my tool.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
  2. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Dude :) thank you for sharing this great piece of software. Good readable layout with drill downs to the details and well documented.
    Great work.

3. Sebastian Röhn

Thanks alpha-bravo!

4. matf1

matf1 Registered

Very nice work Sebastian!

5. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Hi Sebastian, where can i get the rejoin plugin by Marcel?

6. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Possible to have it in French?

7. Sebastian Röhn

I don't know if this plugin provides different languages. Probably not...I know only an englisch version. Or did you mean my tool? I cannot speak french at all so I could only use a translater, have to take the translation as correct and we all know they aren't. So I don't think that is an option. I think in this case it is better if someone can offer me correct translations and than I would add french as an selectable option.

About getting this plugin. I know that it's freeware, so it will cost nothing. But I don't know if Marcel provides it for everyone. I'm also not willing to publish his personal email address here, because I simple don't know if this is ok for Marcel. If you are really interested, send me a pm with your email addr. I forward them to Marcel or maybe you can contact him via this site (I haven't tried)

https://bitbucket.org/marrs/rfactor

Edit: Another option to contact Marcel Offermans via the website: http://www.racedepartment.com

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  8. Sebastian Röhn

I'm searching for help for translation from english to spanish and italian.

I have added so far a multi language system including, english, french and german. The french translation is already corrected by Lucky06. Spanish is also added, but I cannot speak it and used only google translator. So if anyone correct the proofs, that would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
  9. Sebastian Röhn

Today I released a new version, available >>> HERE <<<

changelog Version 1.41:
    -Added multilingual option (english/french/german/spanish/italian) and from an external language file.
    -Prevent raceXMLcreator from crashing caused by runtime errors in a function. Stopped function sends instead an error message.
    -Race leaders: show graph with lap by lap position for race leader(s).
    -Several bug fixes of v1.4 beta

The template of the external language file is included in the download but is also available >>> HERE <<<
    The spanish and italian translation is still without correction of a native speaker and implemented only via google translator.
    The file with the different translations can be downloaded >>> HERE <<< and can be opened with a text editor. If a spanish and italian native speaker could check and correct the tranlsation, this would be awesome!

Thank you...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
  10. Sebastian Röhn

Today I released a new version...

changelog Version 1.5:
    -New function "uipickfiles" to select multiple *.txt/xml files at once, Copyright (c) 2007, Douglas M. Schwarz
    -New option "File selection mode" whether multiple files will be read in automatically or manually out of a selected file list.
    -New function "Check files order" of the selected file list.
    -New javascript for fixed table header position on scrolling. Thereby some updates of the CSS file.
    -New function to send the report to a FTP server.
    -New function to adjust chart colors.
    -Team page: show chart for laptimes.
    -Fixed bug at fastest lap page caused by no laptime and mulitple drivers.

Please click >>> HERE <<< for additional information.

I updated also the example reports/files to the current state.