Racetracks with AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gleidson, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I did write that, but you didn't do it yet:
    I'm not at Home for some Days now, but if you do that and i am back at home, i can check if something is wrong with it.

Gleidson likes this.
  2. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

Find out, I'll post

3. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@Gleidson maybe we have a misunderstanding.
    I can not test anything, without your aiw file, where you have added the block path, that don't seems to work.
    You have to upload it here or somewhere else, like dropbox or mediafire or other services and link it here, that i can download and test it in the devmode.

4. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8qa5y9jeavj2ov1/WATKINSGLEN_CHICANE.AIW/file

Follow Watkins Glen's file, tested with 25% aggression and then with 60% assault, and AI does not use the BLOCK line to defend his position.

5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I would suppose, that with 25% aggression, the drivers have a very relaxed attitude and absolutely no motivation to defend their position. ;)

6. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Yet 25% in a USF 2000 on most tracks makes for reasonable competition. I reiterate, it depends on the type of car. I should have also stated that it depends on the aiw file as well, some are well written and some are not. I must add that I'm not any good at making tracks so I can only share what I have heard from people who are good at it.

7. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

I realized that, which depends on the car, in the mod CART EXTREME, with 25%, 30% already good to run and above that already they start to go crazy in the track, in the US2000 I put up to 80% and the AI still remained calm.

The way to go is to try. Thanks for everyone's tips.

8. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Yes, i can agree to that.
    I can only say that the use of the block path generally works.
    But it indeed depends on the way how the block path was made and also on the used car and also if the car mod has a talent file.
    So you really have to start at 0 with every track/mod combination, to find out the best working AI settings.

9. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

Hello everyone, just to give feedback, I was able to solve the problem. In the PLAYER file the option that causes AI to use the BLOCK line was disabled, it has to activate. The option is the AI Logic Override. If you put 1 it makes the AI be flexible as in an oval, if put 2 it makes the AI use the line of defense in the mixed ones. Now there is the problem of AI leaving the track during yellow flag in MidOhio same, the AI makes an outside line during the yellow flag and generally in the curves the cars go to the grass.

10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

What does the AI limiter do? I think i never learned that. I think its on 5% stock.

11. Emery

Emery Registered

The AI limiter set at 0 means there are no surprises about the results the RCD file (aka talent file) generates over a long race as the AI will be as fast/slow as they are in the RCD (traffic and incidents can change the order). Set the AI Limiter at 0.2 (20%) and the RCD file has virtually no influence on the results of a race.

For those of us who prefer the predictability of the RCD file, we often set it at 0. This is actually a mistake as it totally disables some other feature useful for simulating a realistic AI race (sorry, can't remember what it was, but it's documented somewhere on this site... hmm, maybe AI mistakes, where they miss a braking point and drive off line?), so a very low setting like 0.001 is better.

Obviously if you're trying to perfect an RCD file, then you want the AI Limiter = 0 while you work on it.

Alex72 likes this.
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That makes sense, the AI limiter, as you describe it, is a multiplier. So setting to zero produces a result of zero and that, most likely, disables any part of the rcd using that calculation.

13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Thanks a lot Emery for the explanation. What i have seen from the 5% (or 0.5?) is that in practice/qualy (whatever you start with) some cars (mostly just one) can miss first corner and spin out on the grass, but after some laps they dont do the mistake again and it has felt amazingly realistic. Sort of like some of them (or just one) is a little rusty the first time on track and misjudge a corner, but then learns it.

I havent seen a lot of mistakes leaving it as it is. Sometimes a car can misjudge or be a little more ballsy and make a mistake, but not often.