Racetracks with AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gleidson, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

I know that the intention of RFactor 2 is the online races, but there is a content for offline, but finding good clues to run offline is almost impossible, even more than virtually none of them comes with the block line configured.

Is there any site with good clues to run with AI or 397 studios think about fixing the official tracks by adding the AI blocking line?

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

What Official tracks dont have the Block path? Only one I know of is Malaysia North Loop and I have Bug Reported this.

3. Emery

Emery Registered

According to the list I compiled about 1.5 years ago, Malaysia v1.58 North & South Loops and Tiger Moth Aerodrome RC1 v1.02 didn't have BLOCK paths.

All other official tracks & configs at that time had BLOCK paths. That was a total of 45 configs and only 3 were without BLOCK paths.

4. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

So the problem must be the AI, because yesterday I made a race of US2000 and the AI did not advocate its position, on a clue that has the line BLOCK, in most of the clues I use, I myself put this line but it seems non-existent, the AI does not stand for position.

Another thing, in full yellow flags, the AI always makes crazy lines, it turns from one side to the other in the middle of the straight, never follows a normal line and it causes collisions and if it has raining, rounds, how to resolve this?

5. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

I still have the same problem, I apply the BLOCK line on a track and it does not work, I just added it to ISI_Montreal_2000 and nothing happened. Are there any other settings for AI to use the BLOCK line in races?

6. Paulmarc

Paulmarc Registered

From my own experience I get the Block path working as long as I make it as follows: drive the block path in the same way as the fastest path ( I drive exactly the same line), then just before every turn I change the path by blocking, I imagine I am blocking a car which is trying to overtake me outside the fastest path. Then once I have finished the turn I go back to the fastest path, until I reach the next turn where I will repeat the same process. Hope it helps. Cheers.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Tip: You can also use the BLOCK path on long straights to simulate the AI driver throwing you off his/her Draft.

8. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

I make the BLOCK line as if it were on a defensive line, closing the way in the corners, getting inside the corner, but the AI only walks in the fastline line, as if the BLOCK line did not exist, during the race it is only put side and pass, do not defend position.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

if you followed the tutorial PDF then it should work, maybe there's something wrong, when naming the Path it has to be BLOCK (capital letters) not block or Block IIRC.

10. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

I followed the PDF of the tutorial yes, it was done that way and named as BLOCK

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Maybe you need a bigger BLOCK path for the AI, as in pull out into a defensive line a bit earlier than you might think and try that.

12. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

Reactivating the topic, I make the line BLOCK correctly, in a straight line for example, already in the beginning of it I put the line internally for the AI already close the door until the end of the line, in the race nothing happens.

Do you have any command in any file that activates the BLOCK line?

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Are you completing an entire Lap? The BLOCK path needs a full Lap just the same as a Fast Path, make sure you're repacking the conents correctly in the .mas file as well.

14. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

yes, the creation of the line I have done correctly, as I saw in the tutorial of ISI and videos on youtube, the problem is not working after the races

15. Bernd

Bernd Registered

The chasing car has to be very close to the car in front, to force it to start to block.
    Start a race with maybe 25 ai cars and watch them on the first lap when they are all close together.
    Normally you should see some of them trying to block.

And you could upload here the aiw of the ISI_Montreal_2000 track, where you have added a block path that don't works, that we can try it out.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  16. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Not a modder or track maker myself but I do race the AI a bit. Out of curiosity, what do you have the AI aggression and skill level set to when you race against them? Aggression has a BIG effect on how they block, too low and they capitulate easily, too high and they run you off the road. Sometimes the difference between too low and too high might only be a few percent depending on the car class you drive.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Generally I have open wheelers on 25% or thereabouts for aggression, tin tips 60%-100% depending on what I'm racing, lower for endurance higher for BTCC.

JimmyT likes this.
  18. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

@Gleidson "Out of curiosity, what do you have the AI aggression and skill level set to when you race against them? Aggression has a BIG effect on how they block, too low and they capitulate easily, too high and they run you off the road. Sometimes the difference between too low and too high might only be a few percent depending on the car class you drive."

19. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

I looked at the configuration and it was 62%, so for testing I increased to 80%, but now something worse has happened, AI is already knocking at the start, it seems that both queues want to access the BLOCK line, if they lean against each other, the cars crash and stand still. Even lowering the aggression, the probe continues.

20. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

No help with the question? Everything they said is correct in creating the BLOCK line, but it does not work