[REL] RacePad

Discussion in 'Other' started by Tygernoot, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

Hi all,

Just a heads-up that after four years we decided to pull the app and no longer renew our developer license.

We have spent many hours building RacePad in our spare time, and we wanted to make it available to all for free. We are very proud of how the app turned out and hope you enjoyed it.

RacePad won't be available anymore in the App Store as of 15 Aug, but please note that as long as you keep the app installed on your device, you can continue using it. However, you won't be able to download it again when it's removed, nor install it on any new device.

Best regards,
    Ed.

2. Pales

Pales Registered

So unfortunate, this really was ahead of it's time. Do you have any plans to migrate this over to use on PC? You literally have everything you could ever need from this app, the only con is that it's only IOS/Android.

3. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

Hi. Thanks for the compliment :)

I once started some work on getting some RacePad features running on PC (see also https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-greatly-appreciated.59815/page-2#post-948308), but just as an experiment really.

The thing is that you need rF2 to run in windowed/borderless mode to overlay the information and that's a bit of a pain. Otherwise I could make it a separate application that runs on a separate device, but you'd need a second PC or laptop. Technically RacePad runs on a Mac since macOS Catalina introduced Catalyst, but it would still need some tuning.

The rF2 plugin system hasn't been updated in years though, which was preventing me from adding new features. I also haven't been racing myself for quite a while now, and thus don't have a huge interest in doing development for it :)

Justifier likes this.