Race Track Builder on Steam Greenlight!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Woodee, May 23, 2015.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

Several updates have happened and objects are possible now. Users report varying levels of problems & success, not much different in that regard from BTB.

2. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Thanks. I looked on Steam, saw the extremely polarising reviews and kept my money in my pocket. It seems to have, what I consider, a steep price for a piece of software with such up & down reviews.

Maybe I should wait until it has matured even more? It just looks like a fun tool to tinker with.

3. andreaglass

andreaglass Registered

I bought it but I had to give back and get refunded as I can't connect to steam in the place where I work making tracks.

If there were a way to run it as any other program, and not as a game, I would buy it again.

4. Ft5fTL

Ft5fTL Registered

So i reported a bug (black vertex color on exporting) about rF2 export to Brendon, he fixed and said that he needs some help form the developers for some features like shaders.

View attachment 20478

5. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

After to have a look at the sinister reviews on Steam appsite, I got my opinion even more stronger: learn how to use a proper 3d Model program. If 3dsMax is out of your budget, learn Blender (free) or other that manage FBX format. Finalize your work with gJED and there you have.

Those magic tools to create 3d scenes it's a shortcut that usually don't worth your money and time to get used to.

6. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

It's been worth the money for me. I'm happily driving 3 tracks (in AC mind you) that would never have seen the light of day if RTB didn't exist. $60 is likely less than most people pay monthly for their cell phone bills, but I got software that I can use for ever for that price.

Might not be worth your money to you, but it is worth my money to me. And if I can figure out how to put my RTB-made FBX files into the gJED and produce rF2 tracks, then it'll be worth even more!