Race start problem- S&G penalty for pole sitter with rolling start, behind pace car

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Guy Moulton, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I was in a race with about 6 drivers and I was on pole (unfortunately). This happened on the start and restart. It was a rolling start, we did our lap behind the pace car and I never passed the pace car before the start line. I've done plenty of rolling starts so I knew what to do. I got a Stop & Go penalty even though I never passed the safety car before the line. The safety car was in pit lane and I could see it over the wall. There was a message saying 1 lap deducted and I got a penalty for passing the field. Or something to that effect.

-Mills Long layout
    -GT Enduro
    -I was in Godzilla
    -set for 10 laps

2. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

I have seen a similar problem at Palm Beach Int, where the pole sitter got a penalty and someone else (2nd on the grid i think) got DQed. This again was a rolling start from behind the pace car.

3. ajk

ajk Registered

I've seen DQ's in online race for people changing race strategy in the hud while waiting at the grid for race start. A bug or a feature? If feature it is badly implemented, that should be just disallowed not lead to DQ if one wants to check fuels, tyres etc. Should be allowed as it is painful and dangerous to alter race strategy while racing. Some tracks like Monaco needs your eyes to glued to the track all the time.