Race Absolutely Any Cars You Like! Tutorial + Tonne Of Fun!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul McC, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Ever wanted to race against any field of cars you can imagine? Get to the race track and add any specific A.I. opponents you choose? Here's how, and it's a tonne of fun!

I've been meaning to do this for some time because it's something I get asked alot. You may already know this but if not, hope it's useful.

I decided rather than type it all out I'd make a video as it's easier to just show you. Don't worry the video is long but the tutorial is actually only the first 15 mins so that's all you need, but if you do stick around, the rest of the video is pure fun!

Corti, atomed and The Great Apt like this.
  2. atomed

atomed Member

I've got to try this one :cool:

Paul McC likes this.
  3. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I know right it's so much fun!

atomed likes this.
  4. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Would love to see this for online multiplayer

Paul McC likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ok, next question, Does the new UI support this?

Paul McC likes this.
  6. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Oh you can do that to, have been thinking about running a track day POTATO server with a bunch of different vehicles. Might have to try it this week

Scoopscat7 and Corti like this.
  7. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Bloody well hope so! And maybe it will be made more obvious and easy

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I just tried this with the new UI and got some wierd results. My car was a Ferrari 488 GTE and there were 6+ cars available on the opponents screen. I enabled 2008 Champcars from the IDT mod and the Lambo Hurracan from another 3rd party mod.(blanking on it;..not Apex, but the other guys...) So there should have been 3 different types of cars, When the track loaded, I chose some from each group but here is where things went wrong. The Champcar and the Hurracan both loaded and appeared in the garage. But my car and the other Ferrari I chose, did not appear. They were both listed on the Standings screen but when I clicked on Drive, I was deposited into the cockpit of a Hurracan. I could not get back to my car, indeed it did not appear viewable at all. Neither did the other Ferrari. The Champcars and Lambos all took off under AI control, but the Ferraris were MIA.

9. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Did have a quick look in the new UI to see how I could do it for online MP and couldn’t see how I could?

You’re going to have to show me

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

At the track, after loading, click on the icon at the upper left next to the left arrow(the exit icon.) The icon you want looks like a person holding a shield. With that button you can advance or skip sessions and add or boot AI. If you have enabled a bunch of different cars, then choose the + symbol next to add AI.

11. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Sorry have not tried with the new UI yet as i find problems with it in MP so im still on the old UI, but if i figure it out i will let you know!

12. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Im not sure about this
    Im not sure about this as I hav'nt mucked about with the new UI yet as ive found problems with it in MP, so im still with the old one but, sometimes there are problems when using mods and they don't always work with standard content, however im not sure this is it as when you loaded the track there should have been just your car in the standings, which of course you should be able to see and jump into before even loading any other cars. Seeing as when you clicked drive it put you into the Lambo it suggests that you had actually loaded that as your car, however does not explain why it took off under A.I. control without you pressing the button to instruct it to.

This is a puzzling one indeed, have you tried it with just S397 cars only? I may have to get myself familiar with the new U.I. and see if thats just the problem, sorry im not more help at the moment!

13. Shadak

Shadak Registered

I believe this isnt possible online. Unless there is something specific you can edit in ini files or event files, AI will be added "randomly". The shevron is only available in private games. (Im not using the new UI though so not sure there)

So what I did on my dedi server was add a lot of AI then cherry pick the ones I dont want and kick.

14. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Btw, if you go to the old UI you can then do it for MP first creating a new mod package with the track and cars you want, then run the server using that mod package and folks can choose from which ever cars they like when they join

15. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I decided to make another video of just how much fun this can be, only this time I decided rather than be the slowest car (the Kart), I'd be the fastest (the Mclaren MP4/8).

Now, this was one hell of a lot of fun!!!

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'll give it another go, soon.