R9-280x or GTX770-4GB?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by ViSo, Nov 4, 2013.

1. ViSo

ViSo Registered

I recently bought side monitors, so Im playing in triple monitor, (right now with my 5870 1GB), but I want to upgrade my GPU, and I dont know whats better.
    R9-280x: Is cheaper, and have 386bit memory bus, but idk how good it can be with rF2 since it is AMD, Im with AMD right now and I think everything works great, but there is a global opinion that NVidia works better with rF2.
    GTX770-4GB: only have 256bit memory bus, but teorically with this GPU I will have a good performace for sure.

How good they are?
    Going to R9-280x I have 3 options, Sapphire, MSI or Gigabyte, around 270€.
    Going to GTX770-4GB I have 3 options, MSI, Gainward and Gigabyte, around 340€.
    is worth it?

2. Bart S

Bart S Member

I can't and won't ever recommend anything other than nVidia for rFactor2 that 70 euros is worth the difference in performance.

3. ViSo

ViSo Registered

4. Bart S

Bart S Member

Yep its a good clock my 780 is at 1150mhz just about but then again its a different kettle of fish. Just get the best you can afford, I did have a 680 at pretty much that speed and it was a stock reference card that clocked really well, my new 780 is an Overclock edition and does not overclock further than advertised as well. I wouldn't be too fussy between the same type card as in a 770 because there will only be a few little mhz between them. Each chip has its own ASIC Quality as reported in GPUZ if you right click the title bar this is like an estimation of the chips ability, you may get a really good one in a stock card and a bad one in an OC edition, so dont concern yourself too much.