Qustion on driving aids

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Moving Violation, Sep 9, 2021.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

There is also a debate to be had whether rF2's ABS or TC is strictly or even closely the same thing as in real life. rF2 used to have three levels of ABS and TC and still do in the aids options. From my understanding, the various ABS and TC levels found in the car setup are just interpolated values between the original aids and without the weight penalty.

It still remains a question if those electronic systems are very closely simulated according to how they work in real life. The sim has the benefit of knowing the exact amount of wheel spin at any given time since the data exists in the simulation, so I sometimes wonder if real life ABS and TC are not quite as "good" as in rF2.

2. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Registered

then it's rf2 that is implementing badly tc and abs, which is no news given that i haven't seen any mention of tc/abs update in last years.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

When I refer to Game assists then I am talking about the standard assists turned on and off (by default) with the function keys (F1, F2 etc). These would be mainly used for accessibility reasons. Maybe when a user has a specific disability which means they can't use gears or need help with other car functions. Also maybe the user is very young and these assists will help them enjoy the game at their own pace.
    When I refer to Car assists then I am talk about the ones present in the car setup. These are available for cars that have these features in real life (ABS, Traction control etc).

Remember....

Play the game how you get the most enjoyment out of it. It makes no difference how other people play. If you want to use Game assists and feel comfortable doing it, then go for it. If you want to try without Game assists and maybe want to increase the challenge of driving, then go for it. All that is important is if you are getting enjoyment out of the game. At the end of the day, if you aren't having fun, why play? :)

Car assists are there to simulate the real car, there is no shame in using these either. Anyone that tells you that you need to be ashamed by using them are just gatekeeping to be make themselves feel superior. Every community has it and it's disgusting.

I would recommend turning off ABS & Traction control in the Game assists and just use the Car assists provided in the car setup. Of course, if the car does not have these functions at all, feel free to use the Game assists.

Just to reiterate... use whichever assists give you the most enjoyment out of the game. Real drivers use them in real cars, so why not in sims too? What others think about your use of assists is irrelevant to your enjoyment. Only you know which level of assistance provides you with the most pleasure. Try different combinations of assists, the options are there to be played with and never make anyone make you feel bad for playing the game your way.

HAVE FUN! :)

U. Daniel likes this.
  4. TuningIn

TuningIn Registered

RF2 is the only sim that I play now because of the interesting part that you refer to. Add in tcs, abs, aids; I’d be on a different sim which offers more eye candy, better audio, more competition, a better interface, etc.