Quick dev update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 7, 2013.

1. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Indy with the 2013 (or 2012) Series Car? Maybe another announcement close to the end of June? Can only hope! ;)

2. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Thanks for the update Tim. People (including me) were getting pretty impatient :rolleyes: I don't mind updates being postponed for whatever reasons. And I don't expect or demand new content or whatever. But I do appreciate an update on developments like this one. So, thanks!

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Have one from 1976 with an option for 1971, 1973 and 1978, but those last three will probably not be profitable for us to build after paying their fees. The 1976 one came free from someone I knew that owns the team rights now.

4. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

NOT this member of the community! With each new build this sim gets better and my enjoyment of it keeps growing.

5. 88mphTim

I understand. :) Just be aware that a pushed week isn't a lost one. Devs carry on after fixing the showstoppers, but it always still needs to be tested again after fixing.

6. Miro

Miro Registered

Nice update on progress. Thanks for that. Silverstone pic looks great!

BUT the guys are right somehow. Features like real road, dynamic weather and dynamic lightning really have do be done properly ASAP as those features are where rF2 stands out and also very necessary for proper league racing.

7. guod

guod Registered

For those of us planning series and special events, the updates are wonderful to help in planning.

8. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Question about Silverstone : is there a slight chance that we get the track from various eras ? (60's for example)

9. 88mphTim

I can't confirm that, but that is what I try to do with every track I license (which has a history).

10. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

You really don't buy software like rF2 for graphics :)

11. 88mphTim

Probably won't reply any more tonight. I have a call scheduled tonight, and I have to catch up on today's work as I was here in the forum. :)

12. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Is it harder or easier to get the historic ones? If you're trying to get a license for a modern track (that you sucessfully do) and then want the historic layout too, what is the reason why you don't? They are overvalueing the old layouts? Don't want to hand them over very easily? I'm curious.

And... Do you have any historic track license that you have not yet told us about? :)

13. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

Thanks a lot for this dev update. I would like to read one every week, please.

14. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

Condescending subterfuge.

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

:)

16. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Encouraging Dev Update, Tim. Thx for the info. Lots of exciting goodies in the pipeline and thanks to the dedicated crew for their hard work. All the pics hint of superb graphics. Woohoo and it's really a beautiful Spring here on the Westcoast too :)

17. 88mphTim

Harder. They have no interest in it in most cases, and the response is "we'd rather not". It doesn't represent who they are. I think it's a failing on their part, but not much I can do.

There are some tracks though which talk constantly about how historic they are, they're the nice ones. :) They recognize the importance of their own history.

Edit... and usually they're the ones who accept passion for the sport in lieu of cash.

18. 88mphTim

I'd like to, but last week would have said the same as this week. Plus, today's experience didn't exactly leave me feeling positive about communicating. :)

19. 88mphTim

I said he would need to give more information if he wants me to understand his point. It seemed odd to suggest what he did. You, meanwhile, I understand but disagree with. What fun.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thanks Tim, some good and confidence inspiring info given, including after your initial post