Questions from F1 mod developers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gold, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Gold

Gold Registered

Hi, are the following in rfactor2?

-Standardisation and embedding of physics based FFB (realfeel, leoffb, carfactory, etc)? Instead of having people mod .ini files and creating a different sub-optimal non standardised experience for everybody.

-Actual simulation of turbo engines (rFactor1 does not, you need to simulate with engine powercurve).

-Simulation of non mechanical suspension, (pivot based, Active suspension from early 90′s F1, ActiveRide, computer controlled electro hydraulic suspension, etc)

-Rule settings, engines/tire types per race, etc

-Qualifying engines.

-Updated tire grip coefficient models.

-Non-normalised sound output option. (check Rf2 sound thread on this forum)
    In a real racecar the difference between the engine in the garage at 4000rpm and at 14000rpm is 70dB. A racing car revving to 14000rpm in a closed garage is one of the most powerful experiences ever.
    In rfactor (and all other sims) the difference is 0dB, the only thing that changes is the pitch of the sound. That is the primary reason that racing games feel "weaker" / less impressive, than real life.

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

in this case it is only depended on how modders do that. You can set low-rpm-coast sound volume to lower value than high-rpm-power one. But... setting dynamic of sound in that way will not satisfy most of players. It's because they will hear nothing when car on low revs since sound system is set to acceptable volume level for loud sounds.

3. michael1

michael1 Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011
  4. michael1

michael1 Banned

-Simulation of non mechanical suspension, (pivot based, Active suspension from early 90′s F1, ActiveRide, computer controlled electro hydraulic suspension, etc)

"what about CTDP nokeel suspension"

-Rule settings, engines/tire types per race, etc
    can be set in the .hdv file

-Qualifying engines.
    "F1 mods from the turbo era has this"

-Updated tire grip coefficient models.

-Non-normalised sound output option. (check Rf2 sound thread on this forum)
    In a real racecar the difference between the engine in the garage at 4000rpm and at 14000rpm is 70dB. A racing car revving to 14000rpm in a closed garage is one of the most powerful experiences ever.
    In rfactor (and all other sims) the difference is 0dB, the only thing that changes is the pitch of the sound. That is the primary reason that racing games feel "weaker" / less impressive, than real life.[/QUOTE]
    "This 1 i like 70dB out of my tv will be great"

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

You can have it already, as we are talking about that in the appropriate thread...

6. Gold

Gold Registered

I dont understand? F1SR wants to mod 1992 and 1993 F1 seasons. Active suspension modelling is crucial is these are to become historic mods.

I don't think so. In for example F1 1985 you can choose a certain engine, Qualifying or race but then you are stuck with it for the whole weekend. I mean an engine for qualifying and a separate one for the race that you can choose within the weekend.