Questions about the meteo model

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rowhider, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Rowhider

Rowhider Registered

Hi everybody,

I have some questions for the ISI's team about the meteo model in rfactor2,

- Could you explain to us how this model is running?
    - Will we have rain in a part of a circuit and sun in an other part?
    - Will we have the possibility to modify the meteo model in the modding possibility? (for exemple for creating snow)
    - rFactor2 will use the true meteo conditions in real time with circuit's GPS coordinates?

I've read somewhere that the tarmac temperature will change if there is sun or if a cloud is passing before the sun? Could you confirm?
    Will the rFactor2 engine be capable to give to the driver the feeling of this kind of little grip's evolution? What could you say about this point?

Thank's by advance

2. shum94

shum94 Registered

I like to talk about the weather too, the rain particulary so i wont create a thread.

I like to know if your model of rain will have different kind of rain drops. Today it's raining in Paris and it's very frequent but it's the smallest drops you can have.

It would be nice to have the smallest, normal, big drops created -- compiled with the system of drops falling on the front dash

I would like that the system who makes appear the drops on the front dash would contain different sequences of drops places then with a random program it wouldnt look fake (boring).

Anyway good luck ISI Jeremy to create this system... lol

3. OGhomie

OGhomie Registered

what I would also love to see is for example sandstorms and the possibility of snowstorms, such effects would make an weather system incredible and it would fit the CORR trucks

4. Adam Gutowski

Adam Gutowski Registered

Good ideas :)

What about thunderstorms? something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7D7d8rDYS0 - thrilling sounds and light effects would be something interesting :)

Also the wind on the track, affecting the car(physics), dust/smoke, rain and objects (flags, maybe trees, and clouds), could be a part of the game

5. Rowhider

Rowhider Registered

Yes, but in this case, we will need a super-calculator to run the game...

No answer of the ISI Team about the Meteo Model?