Questions about Offline Races.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kyroszz, Oct 18, 2017.

1. kyroszz

kyroszz Registered

Hello everyone. I'm a vivid AC player and currently enjoying rFactor 2 magnific AI.:)

1) Is there a plan from studio-397 to create custom offline seasons and edit the AI (Level, Name, Car, Skin... etc)? I checked LogAnalyzer. It's interesting and definitely I will be using it for now but it's not what I was looking for.

2) Is it possible to disable collisions on pits? It seems that a 100+ car race would be totally possible on rF2 but it get's really messy since new spots are created in front of the garages.

PS: I apologize for my english, it's very rusty.

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

If this happens report it to the modder. It's a 30 sec fix if you have the source files.
    The game should not load more cars then the track can handle. This amount of cars should be set by the track modder.
    If the modder sets the limit at 60 cars (or no limit) and only creates 30 garage slots: then rF2 will generate new ones infront of the other cars.

Adding AI with skin, name, team, number and spefic AI "talents" is already possible.

Offline championships like you can do with Raceroom. Not possible within the game.

3. kyroszz

kyroszz Registered

4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

There are multiple ways to do things:

To change existing AI:
    - Repacking is required like in the link. This breaks the mod for online use.

Adding AI:
    - Can be done with an update package. For online use: Server needs to be setup with the update package if you want to use your car.

Or

- Creating "addon AI" within the UI.
    For online use: Nothing special needs to be done. Your custom car will transfer to the other players.

No packing/repacking is required and you can always change things within the UI with the "edit AI" button. This button will be highlighted when you select an addon AI.

An addon AI is a .rcd file with a .dds skin in the player/settings/car_name folder. You can create and edit them within the game (see video) or manually, basically the same as you would do with AC with a .json and .dds files.

Jon likes this.