question

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Hmatty, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Hmatty

Hmatty Registered

Is there a place in RF2 to put a rev limiter on your car? For instance if the max rpm is 10,000 with no adjustment for the car in garage can you limit your RPM to for instance 9800. A setting or file?

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes there is, but you will have to edit a file from the package.

So you have to extract it, make your changes and repackage it, what will make the repackaged version, as longs as you use the same name...etc for it, useless in multiplayer.

The file that you have to edit is the "engine" file of the mod and the lines/values are (taken from DevModes SkipBarber with a few changes):
    RevLimitRange=(6500, 50, 7) // Target RPM for limiter to engage
    RevLimitSetting=4
    RevLimitAvailable=1 // whether to use a rev limit (if 0, you still must have a "rev limit", just make it 40000 or so, and make sure to change [CONTROLS]->UpshiftAlgorithm to fix shifting points)

There are some more, but for that what you want to do, these 3 are useful.
    And the 3 values in the "RevLimitRange" line are:
    (Basic RPM,number of RPM that the Basic values increases with every click ,available clicks)
    And with RevLimitSetting= you can preselect a RPM setting.
    If you, in this example, e.g. set it to 4, you get 6700 RPM shown as default value in the garage menu.

3. Hmatty

Hmatty Registered

so how can you set rpm for multiplayer

4. redapg

redapg Registered

I don't understand what you mean.
    The only way to have influence on it, is the one that i've described. It effects Single- and Multiplayer.

5. Hmatty

Hmatty Registered

I tried that and it seemed to work but when I reopen the game it wont verify the mod and deletes it from my list. Can you stop the verify procedure or what?

6. redapg

redapg Registered

Do you use the steam version?
    What exactly did you do?

7. Hmatty

Hmatty Registered

no I am online. I extracted engine ini to downloads then I opened it and changed the rpm lowered it then I saved it and added it back to the mas file. then I tried to open the game and my historic was missing and I saw it did not verify so I had to delete it and reinstall original version.

8. redapg

redapg Registered

If you just replace/edit a MAS file of an existing installed Package, the manifest's hash entries don't match the ones from the MAS files anymore and the component is corrupted.

And if you want to use a modified version online, all others also need the exact same version.

So i would suggest one of the following 2 possibilities.
    One is, to repackage the whole component after you've made your changes, what could cause many problems, if you don't do it the "right" way.
    Or you just create a small update for it, that can be installed/uninstalled fast. Although the Update-function isn't working properly at the moment.

9. Hmatty

Hmatty Registered

thanks for your help but now it is getting to complicated for me to do I thought it would be easy but nope.. thank you again