Question to S397 concerning the future car content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dadaboomda, Oct 18, 2017.

1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I don't care about eelectric power cars even if we have 300000 hp in the future. I talk about passion.

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I talk about passion too. I like cars that drive nice. I don't care what powers them.
    I don't like old cars because they are a piece of crap compared to modern cars. A lot of power and a chassis that doesn't match. For example AC Cobra. The worst car I have ever driven probably.

I know many people like difficult to drive cars just for the joy of controlling them. I don't. I like well designed and balanced cars.

3. stonec

stonec Registered

If you don't like electric car sound, why don't you just repack the car when it's released and put some massive V10 sounds in it. Problem solved :).

4. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

The good thing about this thread is that we have proved different people like different things. Therefore with what is available already, and what is announced, there is something for everyone. Like anything, if you don't like something, don't use it. In this case there is already enough stuff to suit everybody's tastes

TJones, WiZPER, Filip and 3 others like this.
  5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I think also a factor here is, ISI were spoilt by the technology gap rf2 had over its competitors back then. Seemed like they sat back knowing nothing was even getting close to rf2 (maybe they were right back then)

Now S397 haven't got that tech gap anymore imo, don't laugh but look at what pcars has done with live track and their tyremodel,. its really not that far behind. Ams have done miracles with the rf1 engine. AC has a solid tyre model and physics. theres iracing with their tyre model and track tech. RRE with its audio and ffb and licenses....

Rf2 just hasn't got the monopoly of the sim market and really lets be fair, its doing the catching up now. Yes you can have the one or two sweet spot combos, but really its issues far out weigh its shine.. and that's a shame cos when rf2 looks and feels good it really cant be beat, but its needs not to be a one hit wonder so to speak!

RoboCAT10 and Mibrandt like this.
  6. bwana

bwana Registered

With some luck S397 are working hard at everyone’s bugs list so they can release a rebirthed Rf2 with the fresh face of the new UI , throw some new content in then as well . I believe they should do it this way with a drip feed of content to keep some current users from complaining about lack of output by S397..

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  7. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

Pcars 2 and Ac Ffb are inferior to that of RF2 In my experience, Rre comes close mostly because they have nailed it with Fwd cars

Badboy likes this.
  8. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

The only "simulations" that I tested are rf1, gtr2, rbr and especially among the recent "simulations" Assetto Corsa in its complete version with all the DLC (7 hours of testing):

Very clearly only MY criterias and according to what I think to be the standards of late 2017, Assetto Corsa is hardly a simulation. I will qualify this game arcard-sim more than simulation.

Unfortunately we do not have other real simulation in terms of FFB / physics / car content / rf2 algorithms like realroad and meteo:

Which says no concurence says that we can unfortunately have no choice in terms of what I call real simulation.

In fact, in late 2017 we must use rf2 even with the many flaws that some rf2 users may find (no aquaplanning, no laser scanned tracks etc.).

Basically it's:
    if you're not happy go away. Well yeah because rf2 will be the realest realist simulation I'll stay.

On the other hand if an "AC2" for example makes up for ffb / physics / quality of cars and improves these defaults, then TCHAO rf2. I quoted AC2 because they seem to have the human / financial resources to succeed, unlike S397.

Basically:
    Fidelity to ISI for 12 years, but if others do better I will not hesitate to change simulation after having weighed the pros and cons.

Mauro and RoboCAT10 like this.
  9. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

To me this sounds like you are saying everyone else in this forum is a fanboy except you. Maybe I have misunderstood your post?

I won't speak for anyone else, but I am here because rF2 continues to offer the best experience I have. It is not perfect, but what is? and what is perfection?

I own pCars (1 &2), AC, RRE, Dirt Rally and have subscribed to iRacing before. I have been buying simualtions and games for over 20 years.

I can't describe properly why, but I use rF2 most. But that is just me. Like I have posted before, thankfully we like different things or life would be pretty boring.

10. Filip

Filip Registered

I am curious why do you qualify AC as arcade-sim?

LokiD likes this.
  11. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Yes I think you misunderstood my post. Other rf2 users are absolutely not "fanboys" for me !

Edit : I just speak for me, I am not judging other users.

Brack Jabham likes this.
  12. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

For me FFB/physics and algorythms like meteo/day and night, realroad etc etc are very bad or are missing.

On the contrary, there are laser scanned tracks and a REAL nordschliefe (laser scanned).

EDIT : I don't care about visual damage, beautiful and ergonomic UI, beautiful graphics etc. I just want a simulation, not a game or arcade sim.

SPASKIS and Mauro like this.
  13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

For one thing, I don't get that "rF2 needs to catch up!" thing and for another one, the sim market is hardly a market where any of the developers has had a monopoly for the last five, maybe ten years, with rF1 being the hardest competitor for rF2. A sim is the sum of so many aspects, also dependend on different user expectations and needs. Whenever I boot up one of my sims, I instantly notice where a sim lacks a bit or stands out. This isn't any different for rF2, AMS, R3E or AC. Does it need polishing and refinement of aspects? Sure it does but this applies for any product.

I also would like people to finaly get over the believe, that AC is an arcade title. It is a driving simulation, simple as that. If you want to play an arcade game, it might be worth to check out Grid or the NFS series. Such bold prejudices are manifested so easily in the sim community nowadays, that people quite often get really surprised once they get in contact with a title. And most of the time people miss out on a lot of stuff because of such believes.

McKiernan, RaceNut, MarcG and 2 others like this.