Question to S397 concerning the future car content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dadaboomda, Oct 18, 2017.

1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Is it possible to know the future directions for the choice of the next cars to be realized?

The categories and series, the period of the cars, racing car / supercars ...

Count you integrate engines V12 and V10 (we have a huge quantity of V8 ...).
    What about supercars in particular Italian?

Obviously I do not expect to have precise details!

Nevertheless if one could have a little vision of what is to come this would be really great, and I ask for no "promises" but just know your direction for the coming year.

I'm not asking for information on licenses because I know it's a sensitive issue.

Question therefore to S397.
    Thank you !

yippssy and Mauro like this.
  2. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Hello @S397 team.

Do you have any information to give us, which would be very interesting!

If you can not give us information at the moment, we understand because you have your reasons.

Nevertheless a small answer would be appreciable by all ;)

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You're not going to get an answer until a roadmap or an announcement of some sort.

WiZPER likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

For the GT3 scene, my personal wishlist includes, the Acura NSX. Ferrari 458...I know...488 is the current car, but that 458 is...well.. Speciale. Lambo Hurrycan. I'd pay the single car price for any of those....in a pack would be even nicer.

5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I think i was expecting a bit more from S397 here. i really thought they would tidy up the mess that was rf2. I dont want to sound harsh or unfair, and i do respect Marcel and the gang, (just saying how i see it) but i cant really see no difference in how they deal with stuff than ISI used to. Things get left behind even forgotten, and we still have a unpolished inconsistent sim.

Maybe I'm expecting changes too soon, but cant they fix the stuff they have recently released first?! FPS issues in radical; etc etc/

peterchen and RoboCAT10 like this.
  6. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

But you don't mind posting the same comment several places...

7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yep my bad meant to delete the other one as my mind was going off topic. Still the same concern remains.

WiZPER likes this.
  8. muzikant

muzikant Registered

More Gt3 please :p:D

9. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I agree. It's a shame they can create bugs and just leave it for a whole year still not looked into.

LokiD likes this.
  10. demerzel

demerzel Registered

I can't recall any official Formula E announcement.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

12. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Jon and Mibrandt like this.
  13. oppolo

oppolo Registered

It is not only the aspect of formula e itself, that anyway i will like for sure, but also the features of recharge battery during braking and engine with max torque at the start, that will open the road to properly simulated hybrid cars

ceecee likes this.
  14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Pretty much the only good thing from this license IMO is Monaco and Hermanos Rodriguez if current season, or only Hermanos Rodriguez if next season. The Anhembi Circuit would be nice if it is the IndyCar track but I dont think it will be.
    Tho if this is a promo from Formula E to rF2 is a good thing. Now if S397 is actually paying for a license I'd rather see it spent with other cars, but I'm biased lol I dislike EVs

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  15. Emery

Emery Registered

Too many people are confused on this point: it is not S397 that is providing the job, rather it is a Formula E position. Therefore very likely that the content will not become "official" rF2 content and will only be available through Formula E... just like last year's awful rendition of the Vegas Formula E competition.

[I have some hope that the upcoming Formula E content will be higher quality.]

MarcG and demerzel like this.
  16. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

@Will Mazeo : "I'd rather see it spent with other cars, but I'm biasedlol I dislike EVs"

I think racing driving enthusiasts are extremely rare to love electric cars ;)

The same for the diesel. Just to say and that's true, I preferer to have a 300 hp gasoline car than a 450 hp diesel car. Same for electric car !!!

17. Comante

Comante Registered

If they provide a funny, entertaining and engaging racing activity, I can't care less what power source push them. I didn't like too much GT3 cars too before downloading them.. and now I really want to spend some time on the track with them.. I think the same could happen for formula E too.

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I don`t think anybody is complaining about sounds when Formula E is released :)

19. ceecee

ceecee Registered

This is a very good point, F1 and LMP mods could use this very well !

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I disagree. It is all about the car behaviour itself. Todays electric cars are simply not powerful enough. That will keep changing until the point where electric cars are superior to combustion engine cars. The almost constant power output throughout the whole speed range. The possibility of splitting braking and traction independently without complicated and heavy transmission systems.

All these will make motor racing change rapidly. Its all about batteries evolution. Nowadays they are too heavy.

Engine sound for sure will disappear. However when I watch a race on TV sounds are quite weak. For me sounds are secondary.