Question regarding scripted events

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by itfitzdesign, Nov 23, 2011.

1. itfitzdesign

itfitzdesign Registered

My mod of choice in r1 has always been of the dirt racing persuasion, and I was wondering if (given the scripted events in rf2) the ability to add a restart cone was possible? For those that are not familiar with the process, it's rather simple. There is a cone placed in the middle of the track between turn 4 and the start/finish line with a string attached to it. The drivers are not allowed to go below this cone, nor are they supposed to pass before it. Once the field is clear, the cone is retracted and the race continues on in a normal fashion. Essentially, the idea is to make sure everyone gets a fair start and so that everyone gets to turn one together (within reason of course).

There are some tracks in rf1 that have said cone, however, since it remains on the racing surface 100% of the time, it looses it's functionality within about a lap or two as it is usually in the way of the lower racing groove and someone eventually hits it. This obviously defeats the purpose of having the cone at all. So I began to think, what if it could be added in as a scripted event? Just have the cone appear for X amount of time after each restart or something to that degree? So I guess what I'm asking is, will this possible via the events scripting in rf2?