Question on GetMod: vmod content vs Dedicated content

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Denstjiro, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Probably a daft question but since i'm daft anyways....

I was wondering what would happen if I create a vmod with 4 different cars and 10 tracks, but remove all content in the dedicated server (add/remove button) apart from 1 car and 1 track.

I assume the vmod will still tell clients to download all required content instead of selected content?

Would it be possible to avoid that somehow?
    It would be nice as you could create an entire season but no worries on visitors getting annoyed or errors.

Too bad when clicking Options on a running server only allows for a track change, the car window is no longer avail. if it would be avail admins would not even have to close a server, just go back to options, select new content and launch.

Anyways, just something I was wondering. If excluded content on the server was to be ignored by getmod upon join.....

2. canastos

canastos Registered

If I understand you correctly, what would happen is that server simply won't start, even more, you wouldn't be able to use add/remove button (you are meaning Mod Manager or another tool?) while those components were included in your vmod ;)

byyyyyyye

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

The server would start, you can already do this, adding multiple tracks/cars in vmod and removing them in dedi-window. and the server will run on just the selected combo even though there are more in the vmod.

4. canastos

canastos Registered

Ok, I've got it now :D
    You mean third step in the assistant to start Dedicated; as I see it, this Add/Remove step is useful to optionally (for whatever reason) skip some track for this server startup, but clients will still be required to have installed those components, as long as these are referenced in the vmod that is being used.

byyyyyyyye

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

That's how it is now yeah.

Would be nice tough if dedi-removed content no longer is part of mandatory downloads.

6. canastos

canastos Registered

Well, again, this is how vmods work ;), but at less for me, pros are more than contras, and no doubt, any improvement will always be welcome, so let's see if anytime they redesign the system, just a little bit :)

byyyyyyyye