Question about purchasing and re-activating(DRM related)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonneymendoza, Jan 12, 2012.

1. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Registered

Hi. i have a simple question in regards to how the purchasing and activating system works.

i usually format my pc twice a year for multiple reasons and was wondering if there is some kind of install/activation limit that you sometimes find on other games?

How does it work for this game? After i make a purchase, do i get some kind of username and password? If yes, then say if i decide to reformat my pc or install rf2 on another pc,

do i simply install it and just login again? Or do i need to purchase the game for each system i own/each time i reformat?

2. 2k9

2k9 Registered

Yes, there is a limit. You can activate the game 5 times. After those 5 times, you can send a mail to ISI that they set it down. But i don't know how they would be handle it in the future.

After/By purchasing the game, you have to register your purchase to an email adress. After this your game is registered and you can login Online with your eMail credentials. Best would be, if you format your PC before you install rf2 BETA.

I don't know for 100%. I think you can run and activate the game with two instances.

But I dont think playing online with 2 instances which are using the same account credentials is mayable or allowed.

Maybe someone from ISI could say something about that.

3. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Registered

Yea i dont plan to play 2 instances of it. i just want to install it on my main pc and my htpc.

In terms of 5 times you can activate it, cant you "deactivate it" so you dont lose the 5 attempts? Some games allow you to uninstall the game and get your activation count back i.e you can install and then uninstall as many times as you want but if you format your pc before uninstalling rf2 or install the game in 5 pc's you lose your 5 attempts