Question about CPM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kelju_K, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

when the tire (irl) slides sideways on the road surface, it vibrates, that i believe should reduce the grip for the tire.
    is this vibration modelled in the CPM? is there a multiplier for that phenomen, that can be adjusted for the grip level to drop accordinly? how does it correlate with the unperfections of the road surface?
    if it's not yet modelled, would it be possible to add that in the model? or would it take too much resources from our cpu's?

thank you.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'll be interested in an official response, but like other aspects of tyre behaviour I think this is already part of building a tyre. So there's no parameter you can change to affect the grip loss in that situation, it's just modelled and calculated as part of the building process. (like camber thrust isn't a parameter, it's calculated as part of the model according to current test conditions)

Regarding road surface imperfections/shape, what I've seen when driving on/near 'hollow' surfaces has indicated there are limits to the sort of surface features it can try and react to, and no doubt some people will look at that (in combination with rF2's lookup tables it uses for overall tyre behaviour) and suggest it's inferior because of it; completely ignoring the fact that other games doing everything in realtime are necessarily more restricted because of it (rF2 needs lookup tables because it can't do what it's doing in realtime). Whether it's limited purely to surface angle & load (but assuming a flat surface) is perhaps up for debate, but I think the manual load testing is limited to that in ttool so it probably is.

3. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

These are for the road imperfections :

SlidingAdhesionCurve=(-8.2, 0.4, -4.7, 1.68, -1.2, 0.2) (min sliding speed, grip multiplier for min, peak sliding speed, grip multiplier for peak, max sliding speed, grip multiplier for max)
    SlidingMicroDeformationCurve=(-4.7, 0.3, -1.2, 1.8, +2.0, 0.3)
    SlidingMacroDeformationCurve=(-1.2, 0.2, +2.0, 2, +5.0, 0.4)

Changing those values you should be able to see the effects in ttool and also feel the changes in game.

BTW, what tyre are you making? are you editing existing tyre or are you making one from scratch?